Cancel an Order

Jump to solution

Someone just ordered from me, and the payment didn't go through right away.  It was being processed.  I then get a message from the buyer saying she got a call from her bank that someone from IRELAND!!  was trying to use her card.  The amount was different than her order amount.  I think she thinks I did something, but I don't handle the charging of the card Etsy does!  Anyway, she wants to cancel the order.   I can't cancel the order until it is processed.  It won't be processed because she says she is cancelling her card.   Now what do I do??  Plus, some of the items she ordered relisted!  

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cancel an Order

Jump to solution

@Fairydustboutique It is probably Etsy Ireland showing on the Buyers CC / Bank Statement. Etsy uses Etsy Ireland for Financial matters due to the taxation rules/benefits there. It is perfectly legitimate.

You can try to explain to the Buyer that the Payee (Etsy Ireland) is perfectly OK and there is no need to cancel her CC.

If she is still wanting to cancel the transaction, then advise her that, if the payment does complete, then you will cancel and refund. But the transaction will probably not complete, so her money will be returned to her once the Payment Processor declines the transaction.

As for the different amount/s, this could be the result of different currency or added Sales Tax.

View solution in original post

4 Likes
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Nothing.  If it finishes processing then you can cancel it and let her know you have done so.  Nothing you can do right now.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Fairydustboutique It is probably Etsy Ireland showing on the Buyers CC / Bank Statement. Etsy uses Etsy Ireland for Financial matters due to the taxation rules/benefits there. It is perfectly legitimate.

You can try to explain to the Buyer that the Payee (Etsy Ireland) is perfectly OK and there is no need to cancel her CC.

If she is still wanting to cancel the transaction, then advise her that, if the payment does complete, then you will cancel and refund. But the transaction will probably not complete, so her money will be returned to her once the Payment Processor declines the transaction.

As for the different amount/s, this could be the result of different currency or added Sales Tax.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for writing this for me!  I cut and pasted it to the customer so she could read it too!  :))

1 Like

Jump to solution

Unfortunately you must wait for the order to finish processing.  Let the buyer know that sellers do not have access to credit cards at all.  It's all handled by Etsy.  In this case probably Etsy Ireland if this was an international order.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.