Maynique
Inspiration Seeker

Canadian Deposit Issue

Jump to solution

Hello, Can I please get an update on the money that did not get deposited in my account last week? I don't understand why it is taking this long. Will my etsy deposit this week get deposited tomorrow like usual, or will that also be an issue? Why would I get this weeks deposit but not last weeks? I understand it was a technical issue but because people depend on their pay checks to feed their families an update from you is absolutely necessary. Which I have yet to receive.

this is regarding the email that was sent to melas week:Hi there,

Your recent deposit was returned. We’re working with our payment processor to correct this issue and will be rescheduling the funds to be sent to your bank account as soon as possible.

Please know that there is no further action needed from you at this time to ensure that these deposits are processed. You may have also received an email asking you to update your bank account. If your bank account was already verified, you can ignore that email.

You can follow along in the Etsy Forums (community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/UPDATE-11-17-22-Deposits-for-Cana...) for updates on this issue.

We apologize for any confusion or disruption that this may have caused. Please feel free to reach out to our Help Center (help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)
with any questions you might have. You can chat with a member of Etsy’s support team 24/7.

Thanks,
Etsy Support

P.S. This inbox is unmonitored so replies to this Message may not be seen. Messages from Etsy staff do not count towards your Star Seller eligibility, so not responding to this Message will not impact your Star Seller Message response rate.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maynique
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Canadian Deposit Issue

Jump to solution

how do I find live chat? thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Maynique I know it was a technical issue. Most affected sellers received a request to update their bank accounts, which was another part of the same issue. Sellers that did that may experience further delays. 

Go through the Help link and see if chat is available right now. You can also request a callback: https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback

0 Likes
Maynique
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

yes, I did not change my bank info. I am wondering if this will also be delayed this weeks deposit. I have had no update on this matter and have tried to contact multiple times. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Maynique Etsy can take over a week to reply to tickets, unfortunately. Just keep replying to the same one; don't open new ones. 

You can see your tickets here: https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/requests?segment=selling

The forum thread they emailed you is the update; it says that this week's deposits will not be affected. If last week's deposit was not a regularly scheduled one but was instead a one-time request, you will need to re-request it. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm on daily deposit and I received mine the next day. Not sure if that is the case for everyone! 

2 Likes
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Is your shop on a weekly deposit schedule? Did you update your bank account last week? (that will delay things)

I would go on live chat as they suggested and ask these questions. 

0 Likes
Maynique
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

no nothing changed. it was a technical issue. 

0 Likes
Maynique
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

how do I find live chat? thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Maynique I know it was a technical issue. Most affected sellers received a request to update their bank accounts, which was another part of the same issue. Sellers that did that may experience further delays. 

Go through the Help link and see if chat is available right now. You can also request a callback: https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback

0 Likes
Maynique
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

yes, I did not change my bank info. I am wondering if this will also be delayed this weeks deposit. I have had no update on this matter and have tried to contact multiple times. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Maynique Etsy can take over a week to reply to tickets, unfortunately. Just keep replying to the same one; don't open new ones. 

You can see your tickets here: https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/requests?segment=selling

The forum thread they emailed you is the update; it says that this week's deposits will not be affected. If last week's deposit was not a regularly scheduled one but was instead a one-time request, you will need to re-request it. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm on daily deposit and I received mine the next day. Not sure if that is the case for everyone! 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I just spoke to someone from Etsy.  I'm in Canada also.  The explanation was the my bank refused the deposit.  That's probably a sign of the times we live in.  Anyway, the solution was to contact my bank to "approve" the deposit.  I should also confirm the account info I have on file with Etsy.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.