Can you make a way for customers to shut off review reminders? Customers are leaving because of it.

Can Etsy please make an option for customers to shut off review reminders? Someone left a review that mentioned she didn't like leaving reviews. This is a real issue for some people. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
11 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Can you make a way for customers to shut off review reminders? Customers are leaving because of

Review reminders and other pesky pop ups are very very annoying. The discerning Etsy customer visits the site for a specific reason, knowing exactly what they want, and when hassled can be extremely annoyed.  So annoyed, in fact, that they may leave Etsy and look elsewhere, or knock a star off because they feel pressured. (Also, off topic I know, but when I enter a search, for example a red dress, I want to see a red dress not a blue one or a red coat.)

6 Likes

Re: Can you make a way for customers to shut off review reminders? Customers are leaving because of

I agree 100%.

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Are you sure that review is because Etsy goaded them into leaving it and not because they couldn't just leave stars and had to write 5 words?  To me it sounds like the latter.  

2 Likes

She said. I don't like leaving reviews. There should be a way for the customer to be able to shut them off if they irritate them.

4 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@SilversmithcoUSA 

I don't like leaving reviews is the 5 word minimum for a review.  

I have no problem leaving the stars, but mostly have no desire to write 5 words and have noticed that people who object to having to comment lots of times leave exactly 5 words to express their displeasure.

1 Like

Personally, I find being badgered for a review extremely annoying.

When I'm exceptionally delighted by a superb creation or incredible service, I'll likely post a review.  The same goes - but in the negative, of course - it the item is a forgery or fraud or takes a month too long to arrive.

Nothing else is worth my time reviewing.  Supplies and mass-produced items that may be just fine, but rather "meh" go uncommented.

FWIW, it's not just Etsy that badgers.  Amazon has repeatedly asked me to review a furnace thermostat.  Yep, it works.  Can't say it motivates me to heap praise on anyone anywhere.

2 Likes

I find the pop up reminding me to add to my cart an item I favorited, and doing it over and over again until the only way I can get it to stop it to unfavorite the item. It's totally irritating and I fear that it will be so to my potential customers as well. : ((

5 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.