nemeton
Conversation Maker

Can’t read email notifications of messages - black background

So now Etsy have changed the appearance of email notifications of messages from customers to an image with fancy graphics and an almost black background in which the customer message appears in a box in… wait for it…slightly deeper black text. Apart from emojis, which show up just fine. I can just about decipher the message if I blow it up really big but honestly, what is the point? Haven’t checked on desktop yet but on my tablet the messages in my email are to all intents and purposes useless! Etsy PLEASE don’t do this to my order notifications as well…

Anyone else seeing this?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: Can’t read email notifications of messages - black background

I haven't seen this yet, but I don't get a lot of messages.

What platform/device are you using? You you using Windows? Are you sure you haven't set your theme to dark mode without realising? Otherwise I would think it's a bug or a rogue programmer with a dark sense of humour.

ETA: sorry I now see you are it's on a tablet. Please check on your desktop.

0 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

As you say you are using a tablet and seeing the email, I wonder if you have dark/night mode on when viewing the email? I know when I use night mode on my phone it is not completely black, but a very dark grey. If not, then it could be a programming error in the colour coding of the email by Etsy.

0 Likes
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

You could try to select the text, copy it, and paste it into something else to read it for now until you figure out what is going on.

0 Likes
nemeton
Conversation Maker

I am on a tablet but don’t have dark mode turned on. Have checked on my phone and it looks fine. Will check on my desktop shortly

0 Likes

I have message emails disabled so I can’t do a test for you. Does the email include a link that takes you directly to the message in your Etsy shop? 

0 Likes

Goodness!  I got some messages last nite - no fancy graphics or dark mode - either in the emails forwarded, or the messages on Etsy.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.