ValuePrintable
Inspiration Seeker

Can't get security code, don't have the phone anymore, need help

Jump to solution

I need help badly. I no longer have my phone due to financial issues and can't get the security code. I have two outstanding orders that have to go out tomorrow and can't access my shop because of not being able to get the code. I have three shops total, and this is the shop I don't need a bad standing with as it's fairly new and not used much. I also don't want my other shops to get closed because of not being able to ship or contact customers either. This is what I have done so far, so please don't suggest these things. lol

I used chat twice and it's worthless. They said they opened urgent tickets, but then they suggest how to delay shipping so I don't get dinged. Hello! If I can't access my shop, I can't change shipping dates. Then, they just stop talking and don't say anything more. I wasn't rude and didn't say what I was thinking, but the chat is just plain awful for help. 

I sent two emails to customer support and both say complete and open a new ticket right after I open them! I am really worried as it's been two days and I haven't heard anything back from anyone at Esty to help me. I just need the code emailed instead of texted. 

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm really worried frustrated and don't want all my stores to close because I can't ship or message anyone in this particular shop. I can't call because I don't have a phone. Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't get security code, don't have the phone anymore, need help

Jump to solution

I'm sorry you are having this issue, but Etsy is the only one who can help you at this point. When you setup 2FA you are supposed to download and keep safe a series of backup codes - this is your only route to getting past the security without Etsy intervening. If you didn't do this or have lost those, you'll need to persist with Etsy unfortunately. I recommend trying to get a call back rather than emailing, early am seems to be a good time to get quick service. But be prepared to answer a series of identity questions (they use info from your shop financials - if you answer wrong they hang up on you).

View solution in original post

1 Like
18 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

There is no Etsy phone number to call. You can only reach them via chat or email.

0 Likes
ValuePrintable
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I found a phone number for them. I appreciate you taking the time, but that doesn't help me at all in my current situation.

0 Likes
SweetLyra
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@ValuePrintable 

Unfortunately the only way to contact Etsy is via chat or email through your dashboard.

There is no phone number.

I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but there is literally no way for you to call Etsy. Whatever phone number you have found does NOT connect you to Etsy.

Chat is outsourced to a call centre and are unlikely to be of any help whatsoever in situations like this.

I realise you have already opened a support ticket, but that honestly is the only way to get through to Etsy nowadays.

Use only the links on your dashboard or from THIS page.

Anything you find via Google or another search engine is likely NOT ETSY and is, unfortunately, a scammer who will ask for your account details and you will face an awful struggle to get it back.

Once you have an open ticket you are likely to receive a generic response which will be of no help at all. Reply to that email stating you still need help and explain (again, yes) the issue. Don’t open new tickets as each one open automatically closes the last and puts you at the back of the queue again.

One last hope is to tag one of the Etsy staff moderators on here, but they don’t routinely reply so that really is a last ditch cry for help.

I wish you the best.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new#issuelist_selling_on_etsy 

3 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@ValuePrintable  the phone number you found is NOT Etsy. 

0 Likes
ValuePrintable
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm not going to argue with you, I just need help. If you can't do that, please just stop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ValuePrintable 

This is exactly the reason I refuse to use 2FA sign in.

We are trying to tell you that the phone number for Etsy that you probably found on google is a posting by scammers to harvest your financials--so please do not try to use it even if you aquire a phone.

Also sorry but since I/we are not Etsy staff I/we cannot help with your problem.

4 Likes
catfluff
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ValuePrintable  Nana is not lying the phone numbers you find online are scam numbers but hey if you know better then us, go ahead and have them access your shop and raid your bank account.  Sheesh you should be happy that somebody tried to save your butt not angry.  Hope you dont have lots of money in your bank.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

@catfluff 

I will never understand why some one comes here and asks for help and then argues with and denigrates everyone who tried to help.

Furthermore I also don;t understand why I keep trying! LOL

4 Likes
ValuePrintable
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

All of you are missing the point of the post, and harping on the dang phone. LOL It's not about that, and I can't call if I wanted to anyway. Holy Hannah! Why everyone is concentrating on that is beyond me. Be helpful instead of attacking me.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@ValuePrintable  No need to be rude when people are trying to help you 

3 Likes
catfluff
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ThePurplePuppy  cause some people only want  the answer they want to hear not the truth.  LOL some can't handle the truth. but really no need to be rude.

2 Likes
catfluff
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

there is a solution to OPs problem but when your rude to others that want to help you I dont feel the need to help you.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm sorry you are having this issue, but Etsy is the only one who can help you at this point. When you setup 2FA you are supposed to download and keep safe a series of backup codes - this is your only route to getting past the security without Etsy intervening. If you didn't do this or have lost those, you'll need to persist with Etsy unfortunately. I recommend trying to get a call back rather than emailing, early am seems to be a good time to get quick service. But be prepared to answer a series of identity questions (they use info from your shop financials - if you answer wrong they hang up on you).

1 Like
ValuePrintable
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

0 Likes
ValuePrintable
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Actually I have a screen shot of those back up codes. I can enter one of those instead? I'm a little confused on how to use those. Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You could try replying to an old e-mail if you have one. I'm surprised they don't offer an option for using your email for the code as well as a phone.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@ValuePrintable I believe you just enter one of the backup codes instead of what they send via text.

1 Like
ValuePrintable
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I tried that, but I think I have to go thru an authenticator. Either way, that was the help I probably needed, and thank you very much Terrific Templates! You understood what I was asking, and wasn't all stuck on the phone number thing. lol I really appreciate it, and you were of terrific help.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.