The abandoned cart offer can't be changed - there is no Stop Sending or Deactivate option. I want to stop sending this offer today but there is no way!

RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

Re: Can't deactivate, stop sending or edit abandoned cart offer

Jump to solution

In the meantime I have received an email reply from Tech Support, stating that Etsy engineering is looking into it.

They are not able to give an ETA for a solution although issues are being prioritised according to impact on members.

I am not sure what that last part means exactly, but in any case we seem to be stuck with this until engineering succeeds in getting, at a minimum, the "stop sending" button back.

So, for the time being Etsy is according discounts, within 2 hours or less, to anyone carting anything, on my entire shop and for an indefinite time.

I wanted to stop sending offers out on March 18 but found I was unable to do so. This means that any abandoned cart offers after that date are sent out without my authorisation and against my express wishes. Etsy should refund any such discounts.

I have not looked it up in detail but I 'm pretty sure that forcing discounts on shop owners without an opt out clause is against the EU Digital Markets Act, same as the forced Offsite Ads were.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue. I had deactivation buttons on my page and I deactivated both Promotional Codes 2 weeks ago and customers are still using the codes so I checked and now the "deactivate button" has vanished and the coupons say "Active". This apparently has been going on for 4 or 5 years and it has not been fixed yet.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I have the same exact same issue in my shop. I deactivated the abandoned cart option several days ago when we were able to do so but it still shows as active.

Etsy this is not acceptable.

Edited to say : In my other shop.

3 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

You do not have to honor any sales or process any orders that were purchased with these promotional discounts!  You can cancel & refund with no harm done to your shop.  That way you are not losing out on any money.  But then again ... sometimes any (discount) order is better than none at all, so as to keep your SS active.  

1 Like
ErasJewelryUS
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Unfortunately for me the "abandoned cart" discount shows up immediately, not a minute wait time.  This started with my last order in my shop. 

I went to my other shop to test it.  I added an item from this shop into the cart and hit checkout now, that took me to the cart to checkout. 

Immediately (automatically) a green highlighted banner is already showing up at the top of the cart saying "This seller sent you an offer"  "Apply to get 10% off.

So either I accept the sale with the discount or cancel and refund With Harm done to my shop. 

I have no option to sell my items at full price even if the customer was willing to pay full price when they decided to put it in their cart. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@ErasJewelryUS 
I am so sorry this is happening to you. What a mess this whole coupon thing has become.

It really irks me that Etsy does not even mention the cart banners or popups - or the instant timeframe - at all. It only says that emails are sent - after two hours.

If a shopper has an item from your shop in their cart for more than 2 hours, they’ll get an email of...

0 Likes
Eleriefa
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same issue here I can't stop sending offers or deactivate codes

0 Likes
PetEmbrace
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Seems the issue has been fixed? I tried to create an abandoned cart offer 15 minutes ago, and I could see a button "stop sending" at the bottom. I tried and confirm workable to turn it off now.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It hasn't been fixed for everyone. I canceled mine by clicking on the deactivate button and two weeks later it's back to being active again. They've continue to send the promo code to customers after I ended it.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Even though I have clicked on "stop sending", e-mails continue to be sent and abandoned cart offers continue to be used.  It's been nearly two weeks since I first reached out to Etsy Support.  Their engineers are slooooooooooow if they're trying at all.  It's incredibly frustrating to be able to do nothing about this.

0 Likes
ErasJewelryUS
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

In my case the "abandoned cart" discount shows up immediately, not a minute wait time.  This started with my last order in my shop. 

I went to my other shop to test it.  I added an item from this shop into the cart and hit checkout now, that took me to the cart to checkout. 

Immediately (automatically) a green highlighted banner is already showing up at the top of the cart saying "This seller sent you an offer"  "Apply to get 10% off.  No email sent, it automatically appears in the cart as a highlighted banner!

I tried to end the coupon and the coupon is still there active and working with no button or option to try to deactivate it.   So I have no option to sell my items at full price even if the customer was willing to pay full price when they decided to put it in their cart. 

I've been searching in forums and see this issue with slight variations on how quickly the customer gets the discount going back to May of 2023.  I've contacted Etsy and was told to "patiently" wait for a solution.  

2 Likes
bronsondesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

All of us should contact Etsy support every day about this.  I received the same “technical issue” run around today.
At the request of a customer who just ordered and wanted additional items, she applied an abandon cart promo code to the custom order I sent her.

I updated my shop message to let customers know that Etsy is sending out invalid discount codes as a head up.  And if the discounts are ridiclous, I am going to refuse the sale.

This is total incompetence on the par of Etsy.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue ...  I tried to de-activate it and looked all over for a way to stop it, but could not find anyway to end it  ... clicked on the "stopped sending offers" button and noted that this was below it in small print : This action can’t be undone, but you can always create a new targeted offer.

This action can’t be undone, but you can always create a new targeted offer.

0 Likes
bronsondesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Update, I did receive a email from Etsy technical support.  They admit the error is on their part.  No timeline was provided.  If I receive one, I will add that info to the forum.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine just got fixed to my satisfaction.  Try closing your store and writing something snarky comparing Etsy unfavorably with Ebay in the Forums.  Worked for me!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.