Can't Save Changes Due to Closure

I keep trying to save edits to my listing and I get the error message "Please fix the following in order to save your changes: closure". My shop is active, not closed. I emailed etsy support and they told me to clear my cache and try a different browser, both didn't work. Any ideas of how to fix this error messave?

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Can't Save Changes Due to Closure

Somewhere down the page it is asking you what type of closure it is.  If it is clothing it needs you select buttons or zip or whatever.  I can't think of anything else it could be referring to.  Usually the issue is showing in a red outlined box and if you click on that box it should take you to the part of the page that needs filling out.  

3 Likes

0 Likes

I've had that problem with some listings ... 

I've found that I have to scroll down the listing very slowly looking for the reddish (its a pale red) box that indicates what the listing needs.

For awhile it was the date the item was created.

Lately it's been the policies.

And I did have one listing that I used as a template for a custom order that would not save no matter what I did. I created a new listing from scratch. Made me wonder if some older listings (I tend to use existing listings as templates so some of those might date back years) failed to conform to new listing requirements.

0 Likes
TeeShirtInk
Inspiration Seeker

I had this problem as well on a hoodie I was trying to list. I changed the category from 'Hoodies' to 'Hoodies & Sweatshirts' which I like better anyways and it automatically fixed the error for me. 

0 Likes
GiddyHedgehog
Inspiration Seeker

I just had this problem happen to me, too. I discovered that if you switch to the old listing form, it will work again. At the top, where it says "Welcome to your new, streamlined listing experience" to the right of this it says "switch to old version". Click the old version and it works again.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.