ThorraceStore
Inspiration Seeker

Unable to Respond to Customer Messages

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue where I can't reply to my customers' messages or send messages to other sellers.

I've been sending emails to Etsy support regarding this, but they just close my tickets as resolved with no answer.

And I don't know what to do anymore.

Specifically, it is putting my store at risk of receiving bad reviews for not responding to messages in a timely manner.

And see that my store is not showing up on the search.

Can someone please help me understand what's happening and what I should do?

My store is new, and I never sent any message to anyone. The first time I tried was when I got a message from a customer and I wanted to reply.

I'm thinking of deleting this shop and creating a new one, but I already have over 100 listings there, and transferring it to another store will no be worth it. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
9 Replies

Re: Unable to Respond to Customer Messages

@ThorraceStore: "I've been sending emails to Etsy support regarding this, but they just close my tickets as resolved with no answer." Every eMail from Etsy support should have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link in each reply from Etsy (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive otherwise Etsy will assume that it is resolved. You may have to do this innumerable times, before anything is done but do not give up. DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so closes the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile).

"And see that my store is not showing up on the search." Your shop IS showing up in search and you can always check if your listings are indexed by searching within your store.

"I'm having an issue where I can't reply to my customers' messages or send messages to other sellers." Are you trying to do this using an Etsy app (on which operating system) or via mobile browser or desktop browser (which browser and operating system)? It makes a difference as to possible causes and potential solutions, otherwise we have to guess.

2 Likes
ThorraceStore
Inspiration Seeker

@BagmakerSupply Hi, thank you for replying to my message. 

I have tried it on the Etsy App,  and on my Desktop using Google Chrome.

And that's what I get when my ticket is closed and marked as resolved.

This request is complete. If you need further help, create a new request.

But if I click on create a new request, then it goes to a new page to creat a new request.

0 Likes

@ThorraceStore: Did you reply to the FIRST eMail from Etsy about your issue? Often the first response you get from customer support is an automated reply meant to weed out the people who contact support over common issues that can be easily solved.

1 Like
ThorraceStore
Inspiration Seeker

@BagmakerSupply No, I did not. 

0 Likes
ThorraceStore
Inspiration Seeker

@BagmakerSupply Yeah, they don't even reply to my emails anymore.

They just close it as resolved and that's it.

They did that today again.

I don't know what to do anymore.

I have a customer waiting for an answer for 6 days now. She bought a shirt and asked for a custom order. I sent her emails but she didn't answer. Maybe she doesn't look to her emails too. Who knows.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Someone sent me a message with a link to an item that they're interested in purchasing from my store but I cannot respond to their messages. I've tried both on and off the Etsy Sellers App. Every time I try to send a message I get told that 'The username you have entered is not a valid.'  Etsy user.

0 Likes
Smudgekitty
Conversation Maker

An  off-Etsy link to an item/items is a scam. 

You cannot reply because Etsy deleted the scammer's account.

0 Likes

This is not the same issue.  If the username is not valid, it was a scammer and Etsy closed and removed the shop.  You need to mark the message as spam.

0 Likes

@MysticalRoseFavours: The "The username you have entered is not a valid Etsy user" message almost always means that the account has been closed (either by the person or by Etsy - the latter if it was a scam attempt). Just in case, try to mark the message as SPAM.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.