CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Can't List Another item in My Store

Trying to make a new listing and am getting a red banner that says "Hm, we’re having trouble saving your changes. Try again, and if this keeps happening contact Etsy Support."  It won't even save as a draft. No error on my part, it's Etsy. It's a WEEKEND. No one is there.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Can't List Another item in My Store

@CuriousityShop   I'll bet you're using the new listing form.  Switch back to the old one.

4 Likes

I've been doing that and for the last 2 weeks EVERY time Etsy asks me why. I can't finish my draft or listing until I fill out the form! Never mind I've told them more than a dozen times why and clicked the do not show again...I still keep getting asked. Sick of it. 

0 Likes

Try another browser. Sometimes, websites aren't being properly handled by the browser in question, where another browser will work. For me, drag and drop images on Mercari won't work in Chrome, but it works just fine In Firefox.

0 Likes
CloesCloset
Conversation Maker

Switch back to the old listing form, works wonders!

3 Likes

I just gave the new one a try again this afternoon - gave up trying to get through the title - text kept jerking / hesitating - which has happened before, but seemed fine yesterday.

Who has time for this??

0 Likes

Aw, c'mon @PillowDetails , the new listing form is "streamlined"!  lololol

I've tried to use the new form, and gave up pretty quickly - too much clicking.  I just want everything on one page, I can fill it out, and publish.  Well, at least the old listing form is working....for now.

3 Likes

Clean out cache and cookies.  Reboot.  Use a different browser.  Check your ISP.  Check your device.

I created several new listings with no problem just recently using the new format. 

0 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

The old form works, HOWEVER I found that the NEW form published the items, even though it SAID it didn't so when the Etsy person called me I told her what happened and that they owe me 80 cents.

0 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

I am just going back to the old form.

0 Likes

I've only been on Etsy for two days. Created new listings without any issues, then started getting the "Hm, we’re having trouble saving your changes." message.

Obviously being so new I've never used the old listing option, but I think I've found what was causing the issue. Initially, I was creating all my listings by copying the very first listing I made and editing it as necessary. 

I started getting the message when trying to create a new listing by copying a listing that was created from a copy (if that makes sense!).

For example:

I create listing A manually (not a copy)

I create listing B by copying listing A

I can create listings by copying listing A, but get the message when trying to create listings by copying listing B.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.