Can't Feature New Work!

Like the title says...unable to feature new work AND unable to unfeature!

I've checked and unchecked the boxes for 15 minutes! Moved listings around and still OLD featured that I UNFEATURED on top!

YES I have quit the browser and restarted 3 times!!

Etsy, I work 10 hours a day and last thing I have to do is post my new work and this getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Can't Feature New Work!

I've about had it Etsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting stupid! Yesterday it took me 45 minutes to post and lost sales. Now same thing! Customers are looking for my new work and can't see it featured!

I logged in and out and switched browsers...It's an Etsy problem!

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

I had that problem yesterday, so frustrating!! I finally got it to work correctly in the new listing format using the “feature this listing” toggle key found in each listing.  Wishing you good luck!

0 Likes

@TBQSC I'm pretty sure it's the new listing manager that's causing the problems. Yesterday they told me the problems with with the new version and to use old!

0 Likes

There have been other posts about this, and other interface problems, the past couple of days.  Yes, it IS an Etsy issue.

1 Like

@PillowDetails Yep....I couldn't find any to see if any progress. Guy on the phone simply kicked it upstairs to technical support.

It's infuriating! The old site was PERFECT! I had no problems for years! I wonder how much they spent on this "upgrade"? I don't know why companies are compelled to reinvent the wheel, with a flat tire, when all wee need is stability and reliability!

Sorry...rant off...

3 Likes

I have no patience with the new listing format - every time I've tried, I run into problems.

The recent problems may not have to do with the new form though - featured listings, renewals not showing, still being charged - multiple errors - in my experience that usually signals Etsy is about to make some other big change.

2 Likes

Wait let me guess pictures are now gonna be circular!?! 

Jokes aside all I am reading in forums past few days is buggy this and buggy that so yeah things are rather funky as of late.

3 Likes

@MokuMokuPens 

That made me giggle.

Circular photos in shop pages & then triangular photos in search results pages. Hehe anything is possible around here : )

1 Like

I was thinking about that but we should stop before we give Etsy some wonderfully BAD ideas! HAHAHAHA!

2 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Hmm ... octagon pictures might be nice, LOL!

@AztexSilver  Yesterday, when I had that same problem with featured listings, I tried so many different options. 

1. Tried to select / deselect featured listing stars using listing manager, some took but some didn't (laptop/google chrome/win 11).
  2. Tried refreshing the screen, clearing browser settings, history, cookies, etc. ... nothing worked.
  3. Tried deactivating the listings ... not even that worked! (Was hoping to clear bug by reactivating).
  4. Tried #1 again on my iphone app (listing manager) ... nothing worked.
  5. Then I opened each listing in the NEW listing form (app), and used the featured listing toggle button.
  6. Once I toggled that switch ON, my featured listings were working once again.
  7. I then used the laptop "manage featured listings" (listing manager) and was able to reorder the listings.
  8. Sorry you are having problems ... here's hoping this solution works for you!
1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.