MelanatedSoulCo
Inspiration Seeker

Can someone please give feedback on my store!

Hello, I currently have a print-on-demand store where I sell my own items on Etsy. I have also been advertising through Instagram and Facebook. However, I need a boost in sales. I have great reviews and have taken the time to create pictures and videos for my products as well as a detailed description. 

I have used Etsy ads and offsite ads and there's not much of a return on them.

I would be so grateful if someone could give their expert advice on what I'm possibly missing, or need improvements on in my store to get those sales. 

Thanks 

Rosie x 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: Can someone please give feedback on my store!

Your thumbnail photos don't look like what you are selling - bookmarks.

There is a strong component to search that is visual, so if your photos don't LOOK like what they are supposed to, they will rank poorly. That thumbnail should include ONLY what you are selling, clear and bright in the center of the photo. It should be the largest thing in that photo.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/seller-handbook/article/the-ultimate-guide-to-product/143986679284

Titles are too spammy and repetitive, but lack literal detail.

Example:

"African American Woman Bookmark, Abstract Woman Bookmark, Black Woman Bookmark, Black Girls Gifts, Melanin Woman Bookmark, Black Girls Read"

Better:

"African American Woman Bookmark, Beautiful Abstract Marker with Courage Inspirational Quote, Bookish Gift for Black Girls"

The AI generated description is too fluffy and lack literal detail.  All that blah blah but no measurements, no note about the tassel and what it is made of, or how long it is, how heavy the cardstock is, what's on the back of the bookmark.

Your tags make the same mistake, repeating the same words over and over again. You never need repeat words in tags because the search engine draws from all tags to match the search query.

Don't use single word tags - fill all 20 characters with unique search terms.

Don't use words that don't literally describe the exact item for sale - it will drag your items further back in search.

Examples for that listing:

"bookish gift for her", "black girls read", "reading marker", "Black owned business", "Africa American", "beautiful lady art", "abstracted image", "inspirational quote", "courage wisdom", "melanated soul", "teacher present", "laminated cardstock", "durable book mark", etc.

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/search-advertisement-recommendation/899478564529

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.