CHECK SPAM DAILY!

I have seen multiple threads about valid customer messages going directly to Spam in the last couple weeks so I’ve been checking ours, no issues until today!

This afternoon I saw a thread on another site-  a shop owner complaining of missing Star Seller for April because of multiple unanswered messages. They were never-opened / new messages from legit customers that went straight to Spam. 

So I just checked ours again- there was one from 11 hours ago from someone in my state asking a question!!

Not sure why Spam messages would count against Star seller regardless of how they ended up there -

Perhaps that wasn’t why that seller didn’t qualify for SS in April, who knows. Regardless, missing a potential sale because of this would be ESPECIALLY irritating!

Re: CHECK SPAM For real buyer messages!!!

edit.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Just wanted to update: I responded to one of my Spam messages, I marked it as NOT SPAM and it moved to my Inbox. The potential buyer responded and the message landed back in my Spam folder, not my Inbox. Keep checking your Spam folders everyone.

2 Likes
ReImagineBrewing
Conversation Maker

I'm experiencing the same thing.

1 Like

I had one last week and another today. Way to sabotage sellers, Etsy ..thanks. 

2 Likes
FeltOnTheFly
Conversation Maker

A few weeks ago I got an inquiry about the possibility of changing colors in an Easter-themed craft kit.  I'm certain that I responded... I always do.  Then I went on about my business, and didn't hear anything in reply.  Assuming the customer went on about her business as well, I just didn't think anything else about it.  

Just now, I went to check my spam folder based on what I was reading here.  Guess whose message I found!  Yup.... found the message from this customer in my spam folder.  Just her message; not my reply.  

So weird.

So what happens if I un-spam the message?  It goes in my inbox as 'new', right?  And then do I automatically get a black mark on my record because it looks like I didn't respond to the inquiry within 24 hours?  

1 Like
MePlusThee
Inspiration Seeker

Happened to me also! I left that legitimate message in spam so it does not count against my reply rate. Better get this fixed.

2 Likes

I noticed this happening after they added the new notification that is on the message screen telling us not to click external links, etc...

2 Likes
CatMarshallArt
Inspiration Seeker

Yes! Along with the blocked message when you moved messages to spam, which seems to have disappeared again now.

1 Like
PrintSharkOnline
Inspiration Seeker

I also have been having a terrible experience with Etsy messages with the new updates. Just marked a customer not spam before answering and it disappeared completely. I have messages from Etsy shop owners.. GOING TO SPAM. I feel like I'm missing out on so many orders and my message response % keeps going down. I've had a Star seller badge since I started and I might loose it with this GARBAGE system update.

4 Likes
CatMarshallArt
Inspiration Seeker

Same issue, stick the messages back in spam if you can. Should fix % after a day or so. I've found I can still message them from spam now (I couldn't when this started happening last weekend).

3 Likes

Betreff: CHECK SPAM For real buyer messages!!!

My response % went down from 100 to 80 just because of one mail answered too late, as it was in the SPAM folder without notification. One day later I moved it back into SPAM, and now my % is back to 100 again. I could no longer answer anyway, as I got error messages about not being authorized to answer that customer, no matter in which folder it currently was.
The Support told me to be patient.

2 Likes
CatMarshallArt
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: CHECK SPAM For real buyer messages!!!

I was having this exact issue (down to the %) and was annoyed because I couldn't move them back to spam and still speak to them to fix it. I've just noticed that the pop up message you get when you add to spam has changed and no longer says they're "blocked from messaging". I have put them in spam and waiting for % and .csv file to correct itself again. The other day moving to spam hadn't fixed it at all after waiting 24 hours, but this seems more promising now... 

1 Like
ReImagineBrewing
Conversation Maker

I've had a bunch of messages go to SPAM that aren't SPAM. I responded and marked them "Not SPAM". The customer responds and the messages go back to SPAM again.

I am also seeing customers responding to "normal messages" and the responses are coming in as "read". 

Since this started to happen I'm only getting repeat sales. I've been on here for 10 years and have 1 open order right now. Something is really weird.

2 Likes

Just had ANOTHER one in spam! 
-Todays’ “Spam” message was from one of the 4 customers who sent a regular inbox message (Not in spam) a week or so ago asking for a shipping quote- I responded immediately to all and never heard back from any of them. 

Today she is asking if I still have the item and the entire thread went straight to Spam! 

2 Likes

Same here...I just learned that there might be "real" messages sent to spam and I just checked...found two emails, very upsetting! Likely lost customers!

3 Likes
AllsFairyVintage
Conversation Maker

Same here, how frustrating! I hope they fix this soon. Mine had a link in it to one of my listings that the customer had a question about. How are we supposed to do business like this?

2 Likes

Oh, 2 potential buyers went to spam recently, and we think Etsy bot is doing its job. They weren't the usual straight up buy messages, more bait.

0 Likes

Same here

0 Likes

A new seller named Lemon Loot is getting some bot love too.

0 Likes

me? lol

0 Likes

I contacted Etsy support regarding this and was replied by support that the team is already aware of the issue. This conversation happened at least 1 week ago. Nothing was done since then. On top of that till now only new buyer messages were going to spam. Now one of my old customer's message also went to spam. AND, I am unable to mark it as not spam, as when I try to do that I see an error message that "Woops. Something went wrong." 

1 Like
MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

I had the same problem a message went to spam and i didn't see it for 4 days. Contacted Etsy they said they would pass it on to the tech team

0 Likes

Thanks for posting this, I would have never known I had a legit message there.  

1 Like

Got my first one and it has affected my star seller so I am on with support right now. I hope it gets fixed, this is bad customer service. My customer had to wait 3 days before I even checked it. 

0 Likes

Oh no! I just commented from my other shop about this in another thread. I just found a message from 3 days ago requesting discount for ordering multiple items. I just replied to them explaining what happened with my apology for not seeing their message and I sure hope I don't lose a sale because of this. I lost a big custom order in my other shop because it was too late for their event deadline. I get Etsy wants to figure out how to cut down on spam, but I don't know how this simple request could have been misinterpreted as spam even if it was by a bot, there were no words that I can see that would trigger such a thing! Guess I'll have to check spam every day now in both shops! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.