CHECK SPAM DAILY!

I have seen multiple threads about valid customer messages going directly to Spam in the last couple weeks so I’ve been checking ours, no issues until today!

This afternoon I saw a thread on another site-  a shop owner complaining of missing Star Seller for April because of multiple unanswered messages. They were never-opened / new messages from legit customers that went straight to Spam. 

So I just checked ours again- there was one from 11 hours ago from someone in my state asking a question!!

Not sure why Spam messages would count against Star seller regardless of how they ended up there -

Perhaps that wasn’t why that seller didn’t qualify for SS in April, who knows. Regardless, missing a potential sale because of this would be ESPECIALLY irritating!

Re: CHECK SPAM For real buyer messages!!!

@VINTAGEnfinity VERY worrisome! My buyer told me Etsy said he was blocked by me when he tried to respond to my counter-offer. He actually tried twice to message - both were in spam. When I tried to DM the other buyer (a seller), it said failed to send so obviously they're blocked too. I just can't believe this crap. 

Were your messages all in spam?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

@VINTAGEnfinity Just to confirm, these were messages that Etsy sent directly to the spam folder - not regular messages. Now, the negotiating buyer's first message was in my inbox yet strangely, his next 2 responses went to spam. I responded but he couldn't see them though I could see his messages.

I'm thinking that if your buyers had responded, you'd still be able to see their responses even if they went to spam. 

1 Like

@FallsAveVintage ,

Thankyou for telling me that-

Between the blatant resellers, lights on / lights off activity, and constant tests that ALWAYS have bizarre effects (that we’re in the dark about unless HOURS are spent AWAY FROM MY BUSINESS trying to figurout), this is getting OLD. 

Now we have the ridiculous TEMU style pop ups. 

NOT A GOOD LOOK ETSY! 

-so sorry this is happening to all.  Again highlights the need to branch out to other opportunities. 

1 Like
chocolaterabbit
Conversation Maker

This is awful. Come on Etsy, I'm getting so tired of these glitches. Checking spam folder today and every day from now on....grrrr

2 Likes

Betreff: CHECK SPAM For real buyer messages!!!

Hey, thats true, I had the same issue also I found my conversation which I thought it had been deleted but I found it in spam folder..

1 Like

Yet another failure from Etsy in regard to their communication with sellers and their software quality, or I should say lack of.
First - Notify your sellers that certain messages will be automatically sent to Spam as a new initiative, before implementing it.
Second - Get it right. Make sure to fully plan, fully document and fully test the changes before throwing them over the fence at us. Genuine messages from genuine buyers should not be going to spam.

4 Likes

Thank you for highlighting this, I wondered why I’d not had any enquiries this week. I looked in Spam and there were 8 messages from new customers

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads-up. I just found 9 messages in my spam folder that were not spam. Missing out on this many potential customers is not good for business.

2 Likes
EDCCollective
Conversation Maker

You would think with as all important as their bottom line is to them that Etsy would make sure not to damage a shop's ability to converse with potential customers and clinch a sale.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Ahhhh! Etsy. The technology company that can’t run an email system. Definitely the place to rely on for your income - even if you cant rely on getting messages from potential customers. After all email, is quite a new fangled thing having only been around for 50 years or so. But it does explain why they haven’t bothered fixing Search.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, just checked, had one from 5 days ago….

1 Like

There are so many sellers that don't come to the forums, I can imagine this problem is much bigger than Etsy even realizes. How many sellers ever actually open up their Spam folder? I've been selling on Etsy with this shop since 2013, I opened up my Spam folder for the first time when I saw this post.

3 Likes
DOKOcreations
Conversation Maker

@ColorfulCastAndCrew So did you find anything? Maybe this was Etsy’s idea of an Easter egg hunt…

1 Like

Sadly I found an egg filled with something no one wants to eat!

I lost a potential $245 order as the buyer needed the item shipped quickly. Thankfully this person did receive my response, as she did respond back, though the sale was lost as the message was over a week old.

1 Like
DOKOcreations
Conversation Maker

I’m sorry to hear that, that truly sucks! I’m glad to hear that at least your response did get through.

2 Likes

Until I was put on reserve, I hadn't come to the forums for years. The forum helped me get out of reserve where etsy support offered no help. I come here weekly now. I mostly check my messages on my phone. I for sure would have missed this and the spam messages that are not spam.

1 Like

Glad I stumbled upon this today, I'm not browsing the forums too regularly. I didn't even know there was a spam folder! There's a few messages in there that are too far gone to reply to now but there's one from 4 days ago! Just replied to them explaining my delay in replying...m fingers crossed it leads to a sale as my shop is completely flat at the mo!

1 Like

Thankfully it led to a sale!... Etsy needs to sort this problem out, imagine all the lost sales and customers thinking they've been ignored!

3 Likes
CatMarshallArt
Inspiration Seeker

Me too; 4 missed customers from two days ago

1 Like

I found a message from a buyer in the spam folder yesterday.  Replied to them, they replied back, sold the item.  Just marked the message as not spam and it appeared in the inbox but showed the blue message that this was a new message from a buyer.  I had to respond Thanks because I was concerned I would get dinged for not responding to the message within 24 hours.  

I am now checking a few times a day to make sure I am not missing messages.

1 Like

Yikes! Just checked and missed a buyer message from 3 days ago... I missed what could have been a RUSH sale! Ugh.... Etsy, figure this out!!!

2 Likes

Just received another real message in my spam box. Get a grip Etsy and fix this!

1 Like
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

My Messages don't even open.  Click on Messages and the Shipping Calculator keeps opening.  more than once.  They aren't even near each other in the sidebar.  

1 Like

I hate to hear this…mine did the same thing earlier and I just assumed I was losing it!

Maybe they are working on all the problems and a more minor glitch will replace this BIG issue!  

funny not funny

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.