CHECK SPAM DAILY!

I have seen multiple threads about valid customer messages going directly to Spam in the last couple weeks so I’ve been checking ours, no issues until today!

This afternoon I saw a thread on another site-  a shop owner complaining of missing Star Seller for April because of multiple unanswered messages. They were never-opened / new messages from legit customers that went straight to Spam. 

So I just checked ours again- there was one from 11 hours ago from someone in my state asking a question!!

Not sure why Spam messages would count against Star seller regardless of how they ended up there -

Perhaps that wasn’t why that seller didn’t qualify for SS in April, who knows. Regardless, missing a potential sale because of this would be ESPECIALLY irritating!

CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Re: CHECK SPAM For real buyer messages!!!

Ok so I responded to the buyer and apologized for the delay and moved the message out of the spam folder into my inbox. She quickly replied to me about wanting to make the purchase and the message went BACK into Spam and I got no notification of her reply. This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed asap... especially since we get graded on and punished for our response times.

I did contact chat and sent them links to a few forum threads about this issue.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

@CuriosityCabinet - My suggestion is to turn on auto-reply and make sure to renew it, as it's only good for 5 days. At least this way if you miss a Spam message you won't get dinged for it regarding SS.

1 Like
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Thanks for the suggestion. I may do that.

3 Likes
QuirkyMiniatures
Conversation Maker

I’ve just found 2 messages in spam folder …. Grrr Etsy get it sorted, nothing wrong with either message 1 asking about the whereabouts of a missing order the other asking if the order had gone through as they wanted it urgently ! 

2 Likes

I just found a message in my spam for the first time! (Sent 14 hours ago) I  typed in my answer to her, then did a copy "just in case" and hit send. I immediately got the pop up saying I was a good girl for answering within the time frame. I then hit "not spam" and it did another pop up that told me it had been moved to my inbox. I checked and it was there.  There were no links and nothing spammy or scammy about the message--just some straight forward questions.

1 Like

Same here. I had three messages. Marked them not spam-but wow!

0 Likes

Betreff: CHECK SPAM For real buyer messages!!!

Same here, just found one (sent two days ago). I also got the "well done" pop up after answering it and then moved it to the inbox.
My star seller is still telling me 100%, so I hope it won't change suddenly the next day.

1 Like

Oh my gosh!  I just checked my spam after reading this and found a customer inquiry from 3 days ago!  I have NEVER seen such a thing.  Could be a loss of sale, so frustrating.  I work hard and do well to convert almost all inquiries into orders.  

4 Likes

BE AWARE that if you "unspam" it and reply, if they reply back (same thread), it goes back to spam.

2 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Yup. That's what happened to me

2 Likes
XZOUIX
Crafty Poster

Yes, it is not enough to "unspam". You have to go to the message and click "move to inbox"

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder - keep forgetting to check and there were 2 there - one was from 4 days ago. SMH

Why is Etsy so intent on making our lives more difficult?

5 Likes
ImpishHome
Inspiration Seeker

Just saw this in my shop today. Luckily the customer still purchased the item, but their message sat in spam for three days for no apparent reason. 

2 Likes
DOKOcreations
Conversation Maker

Since this nonsense started, I have been checking my spam folder pretty much each day, just in case. This afternoon for the first time I found a regular customer inquiry in there, with nothing unusual, just a link to one of my listings. The message was 22 hours old, so I caught it just in time! I replied (starting with an apology), unspammed it, and sent her a private custom listing, but still haven’t heard back. This latest stupidity on Etsy’s part may have just cost me a sale!

2 Likes
XZOUIX
Crafty Poster

Hello,

I just posted in this thread, but i will respond to you as well -this happened to me too.  However, I am thinking this is happening with "potential" customers who send out multiple messages to multiple sellers. Such suspicious behavior of too many messages being sent seems to be detected and automatically considered to be a spam.

2 Likes
DOKOcreations
Conversation Maker

@XZOUIX  That may be true in some cases, but the message I received was not like that. It was personal and very specific, asking if I would be able to add something to an item that she loves and was ready to order. No request for discounts or anything else that would lead me to believe she has been spamming other sellers.

2 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

It's possible they were doing a lot of shopping/browsing at the same time and messaging several sellers. 

0 Likes

WOW!!!! I found 3 messages!! Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

Where is Etsy tech support? It's shocking people have to warn each other on the forums and no official announcement about the issue. 

Customers complain they can't send me messages because they think I spammed them! It's embarrassing. 

4 Likes
XZOUIX
Crafty Poster

Same here!! However, i am thinking this is happening with "potential" customers who send out multiple messages to multiple sellers. Such suspicious behavior seems to be detected and automatically considered to be a spam.

For instance I had a potential customer ask if I accept "offers". I went to see her page and her fave items, and something made her seem like the kind of person who goes out sending messages to all kinds of sellers.

Of course I politely responded that I usually dont accept the offers but I might make an exception, and what's her offer, please? Well, of course she didn't respond.

This made it clear to me that the person is just bothering dozens and dozens of sellers and her message was rightfully sent to spam. 

Keep this in mind, that the messages are probably sent to spam because the Etsy member has sent out too many messages to other Etsy members.

Have a lovely day everyone!

-Lena, XZOUIX

2 Likes

I sent the missed messages to my inbox and responded yesterday. Neither responded back. One was from another shop so I just tried to message them directly and it said "failed to send". So now I can't respond at all? WTF?

Anyone else had this issue? I'll be losing my message badge next month now AND I can't make either sale. What kindergarten class did they pull their techies out of anyway? I AM SO TICKED OFF - it's amateur hour 24-7 around here.

4 Likes

FY!: One of the buyers just bought the item at full price (we had been negotiating). He said when he tried to send a message, it said I blocked him! OMG Just letting you all know, even if you send back to your inbox, they still can't see your responses.

1 Like
DOKOcreations
Conversation Maker

@FallsAveVintage  Looking on the bright side, at least your customer bought, and at full price! Mine never responded, so I don’t know if she got blocked! I just sent a followup with my email. Sigh…

1 Like

@DOKOcreations  No, I gave them the discount originally offered....only to find the sale came through an OSA.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

They said they were blocked so your responses aren't being seen. I'm surprised they weren't blocked from buying. Guess when Etsy makes money, it's okay. I can't reach the other message sender so there goes that sale.

Heads up all: Mercury is in retrograde from 2nd to 25th this month and the eclipse intensifies the effects. The astral gods are not smiling upon us this month.

EN GARDE!

2 Likes

@FallsAveVintage , this is VERY worrisome! We haven’t had a sale in 2 weeks and I’m really worried that my messages back to people giving shipping quotes aren’t reaching them. The last 6 that asked for quotes have never responded (or purchased), and in our experience that’s rare.
We’ve had 2 asking about faster shipping- one of them was a spam message. Then Nothing.

Hard enough to survive this year now potential clients may be being blocked? WTF

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.