USFabricShop1
Inspiration Seeker

Bypass 2 step authentication?

Long story short, I no longer have access to my old cell phone number.  I need to change my account info but it’s sending a code to my phone and there is no option to get the code another way. Anyone have any advice on bypassing the code, or is there a way for me to contact Etsy? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Bypass 2 step authentication?

Contact Etsy in shop manager

0 Likes

@USFabricShop1 

How to contact etsy support for sellers-

There is a direct link to the support ticket page in every shops shop manager - Just go to Shop manager > Community & help > Contact us

That will open the page to start a support ticket. Once there select 'selling on etsy' then select issues.

Depending on the issue, they offer email, phone and/or chat support. Note that the phone support option recently changed to a request a call back system. There is no direct number sellers can call for etsy phone support. You can only request that they call you back.
You will need to click around a bit to get to the actual page with the contact options and at times it feels like endless maze loop of clicking and getting nowhere other than faq's that do not address your issues. You will need to get creative and click on options that may not match your issue completely. When you see 'I still need help' at the bottom of a page then click that....it will take you straight to the page with the available contact options.

Keep in mind that the phone support and live chat folks are just a call center and can only handle a limited list of issues. Everything outside of that they will bump up the support chain to someone who works for etsy proper to handle. Live chat and phone call back are only available sometimes it seems and the availability changes throughout the day.

Remember...the key is to click 'I still need help' when you see it. 

0 Likes

since it became difficult to find the links for help, i’ve collected links where sellers mentioned they found help options.  i hope one of these will work for you:

here is the link to the “how to contact support” from the seller’s handbook.

here is a link to initiate chat or email.

here is the link to request a callback.

or try this link or this link to email them.

if you do email them you *should* get an automated reply and once you do, you must reply to that email above the line of asterisks that their automated best guess solutions did not work. all you have to say is something like “i still need help” send the reply, and it should stay active.

3 Likes

Excellent, Thank you so much!!!!

0 Likes

Just do not give up .

Yes , it is hard to get help but it seems to be your only option . 

0 Likes

Did you store any backup codes that you can use?  They should work until you can get it straighten up with Etsy support.

1 Like

Excellent suggestion which EVERYONE with 2 factor authentication should do immediately.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.