Buyers must click on link to find listing descriptions

I've noticed an inordinately large number of unsatisfied customers and messages from people who obviously haven't read my listing description. I sell vintage and put any measurements, full description and any condition issues clearly in the listing description. All this information cannot fit in the title. I decided to check out this info using my phone and couldn't find the listing description until I reviewed it a third time and saw blue printing that is actually a link you must click on to access all the details. I believe this is why no one is reading them. Instead of my details under "Item Details", it just states that it's vintage with the tiny link under it. 2 people left 1 star reviews because they said the pocket book was too small. Measurements clearly described in the listing. 3 people have sent me messages asking for sizes, one person twice when they haven't even read the first response. This information is clear on the laptop, why can't it be clear for those people buying off a phone or tablet? Why not just put the listing description on the site/page under the listing photos, title and price? I find that information more important than my star seller status or no item reviews yet box (it's vintage, each item is a one-off). 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Buyers must click on link to find listing descriptions

Yep it has been like this for a while.  It is the same on Ebay having to click to see the description so I am sure many people would know to do that.  You need to put as much detail in your titles as possible to avoid it.   Your Swarovski trinket box should have its dimensions in the title.  Make it easy for buyers.

I noticed a typo "Are of Good Cooking" instead of "Art of Good Cooking"

1 Like

Thanks, I have corrected the typo. The inability for buyers to read the description is my comment/concern. I've noticed a recent upswing in these complaints. (Not just me) What gives? Why do buyers have to click on a link to read something that should be readily available-front and center, when they are making a decision? 

0 Likes

I would never buy anything without reading all the details, and I find it surprising that so many do not read, but it is what it is.

I try to put size info into the title, and/or note it in the pictures, either adding verbiage to the pictures, or using a ruler or an item to show scale. 

When shopping for purses online, I find it helps to see the purse being held by someone, either from their shoulder, or held by their side, to show the size.

2 Likes
bohemians
Community Maker

The hidden descriptions are frustrating for both buyers and sellers. It doesn't make any sense from a customer service perspective.

It might be helpful to add an info graphic to your listing images.

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@TreasureFoundByTracy  I agree with you. I clicked on your Copper Teakettle; the Description happens to be in the Right Column (it shows partially, then says "Lean More"). This is on a desktop computer. But you're right; the Description has been moved around so much that I really forget where I saw it last:) I do remember it being within a Tab you had to click ("Item Details"). With Buyers, depending on device they use, as well as who is in this or that User Based Test, the information should be easily visible; especially something as important as the Description.

1 Like

I don’t believe shipping costs should be hidden, either, to where you have to click to see how much. No other place I shop at online does this. 

3 Likes

Good point, not sure why the newer layout makes this information so difficult to locate. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.