PostMortemArts
Inspiration Seeker

Buyer paid for shipping but then wanted to pick up in person, so I refunded shipping

Jump to solution

How do I get the sale to go through without shipping it? the buyer wants to pick up the item tomorrow instead of risking shipping (fragile) 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer paid for shipping but then wanted to pick up in person, so I refunded shipping

Jump to solution

@PostMortemArts   Assuming the sale went through (funds in your Payment Account) - to mark the order as completed, use a desktop, and click the circle/arrow icon - you will see an option to Mark as Complete and a drop down for "this order has no tracking" with a reason for local delivery. *  Then on the completed order, click the three dots and select "refund" (again, the app only gives full refund, so you must use a desktop) - then you will see the breakdown to refund only the shipping.

* Marking as completed without any tracking will not satisfy the Star Seller shipping metric, in case that's a concern for you.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Buyer paid for shipping but then wanted to pick up in person, so I refunded shipping

Jump to solution

@PostMortemArts   Assuming the sale went through (funds in your Payment Account) - to mark the order as completed, use a desktop, and click the circle/arrow icon - you will see an option to Mark as Complete and a drop down for "this order has no tracking" with a reason for local delivery. *  Then on the completed order, click the three dots and select "refund" (again, the app only gives full refund, so you must use a desktop) - then you will see the breakdown to refund only the shipping.

* Marking as completed without any tracking will not satisfy the Star Seller shipping metric, in case that's a concern for you.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

You did a great job explaining this.  Thank you! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.