Buyer corrected review, but still shows 1 instead of 5 stars

I have an elderly customer who is having difficulty using the app to leave a review. Long story short, she left a one star review thinking she was leaving a review for another order. She was able to correct her comments, however her review still shows only one star. She promises that she changed the stars to five, however I continue to see only one star. Is there a lag for updated stars in a corrected review, but no lag if comments are changed? How do I even contact anyone at Etsy about this? It's all documented in our convo's. Thanks!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
22 Replies

Re: Buyer corrected review, but still shows 1 instead of 5 stars

Etsy will not intervene and change the review even if the convos say she's having trouble. Somehow, she needs to change it herself or have a friend do so.

3 Likes

She's telling me the problem is on my end, I need to contact Etsy (yeah right), etc. I shouldn't have to take such a hit if she isn't willing to figure it out. She told me she was "old and tired" and would look at it again tomorrow. I asked her to please just delete the review even though her comment was positive. I would rather have no review that a one star with glowing comment. UGH!

0 Likes

She cannot delete the review.  She can edit it and remove the text, but the 1 star will remain.   

0 Likes

This happened to me once - the buyer said they were unable to change the stars (the comments were glowing). I contacted Etsy and they offered to help - but before they did the buyer was able to figure it out.

Another approach might be to have the buyer contact Etsy. I get the feeling Etsy is more helpful with buyers than with sellers.

2 Likes

I told her that Etsy customer service is more buyer friendly than seller friendly.

How do I contact Etsy as a seller? My problem doesn't fit into one of their "categories".

Unfortunately, I don't think she is interested in contacting Etsy to fix this.

0 Likes

I need a good way to contact Etsy support as a seller.

0 Likes

What is she doing wrong if the comment she changed showed up, but not the stars? She even said the stars changed colors. I didn't know a buyer couldn't delete a review. Even if I didn't comment on her review?

0 Likes

A buyer can edit up until the 100 day window closes or until the seller leaves a response.  There is no option to delete the whole thing.  The only way it could be removed is if the buyer herself asked Etsy to delete it.   They won't do it when a seller asks unless there was something written that violates review policies.

Maybe it's best to leave this as is.  The text is positive.  If you keep asking her to amend it or to contact Etsy, she may change the text to match the 1 star.

3 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

Is that the same buyer that left a big review for horse ribbons and talked about fertilizer and her garden?

That review would bother me more than the one star with appropriate good feedback.

2 Likes

@UppNorthEh You were too quick for me. I also think the 5 star review for fertilizer when the item was a horse rosette from the same Buyer is more damaging (even though it is "glowing")

Best to let this one go as the Buyer is clearly not comfortable with managing the review system.

1 Like

YES! One the same buyer. She claims to be old and has trouble navigating the app. She has been very confused by the process. I can't find her review any longer, so perhaps Etsy took pity on me. I first reported her review when she left the one star because she thought she didn't get her order. It's just been a mess!

0 Likes

I did let her know that the review is on the wrong item and that she might want to let the seller of the fertilizer know she was so happy with it. She was thankful that I let her know, and then became frustrated at the process to correct the stars. I'm not seeing her reiew as of today.

0 Likes

0 Likes
BlueAgateFarms
Conversation Maker

I got one of these this week.  Good verbal review complete with smiley emoji. One star.  I reached out to make sure they were happy and see if I could help with anything.  Crickets.  Part of the challenges of owing a shop.  

2 Likes

If the customer can't change it to 5-stars, maybe she could add to the review that the 1-star was a mistake...?
Just have in mind that it takes 19 5-stars reviews to neutralize a 1-star review if you want to be a star seller.

1 Like

It is very difficult to see if you are selecting a 1 star or a 5 star as a buyer leaving a review. And you can not go back to change what you selected. Very confusing for buyers !

1 Like
Bohocoho
Inspiration Seeker

I have a customer that left me a 1 star review. I contacted her as she is a regular customer and always leaves me 5 star feedback. She was adamant she left 5 stars and said when she left 5 stars it was showing as 1 star and she could not amend it. I contacted support who advised it was a known issue. The 1 star feedback is still there though 🥲

0 Likes

They may find it easier using a browser than the app, however it's really not that important to buyers. 

0 Likes

I suggested she use the browser as it might be easier for her. She blamed MY phone for not seeing five stars!

0 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Buyer corrected review, but still shows 1 instead of 5 stars

@NoNeedForNew 

"She claims to be old and has trouble navigating the app."

After showing her some compassion, you could ask her if she also has a laptop or computer, and explain how much easier it is there to click on the 5th star.

Best wishes!

0 Likes
bohemians
Community Maker

IMO contacting Etsy about the stars yourself is probably the best path.  If you continue to contact the buyer with instructions on what to do or who to contact to correct the review ... she might find it bothersome (or she might feel embarrassed for not understanding). I'd be inclined to leave her alone at this point.

0 Likes

I see all 5 star reviews on the first 8 pages of your reviews. Did you refresh your browser?  Sometimes you have to hold down the SHIFT key while the refresh loads to see changes.

Esty isn't likely to correct it if it is still there because it must be some kind of glitch, and they are very slow to fix what they consider to be minor things. They don't care about their sellers.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.