Buyer cannot complete purchase as products in cart at checkout change to £0

Jump to solution

Hi, 

A buyer has added an item to their basket and when they try to checkout and make the purchase the item value appears as £0. They have sent me screen shots. It is not a problem with my items or listings. 

I have had this issue in multiple shops recently and it has happened in my partners shop so it isn't just related to my listings. My partners customer also sent them a screen shot. This must be an Etsy related bug and it is preventing customers from making a purchase. I was wondering if it is related to apple as both customers were using an apple device. I didn't ask the previous customers what they were using or what browser they were on so might just be coincidence.

This needs to be resolved as most customers will just get fed up and go and purchase elsewhere.

Please Etsy can you help. I messaged Etsy support and they said they can't help and that the buyer would have to contact support to get help making the purchase. Lets face it a new customer is not going to waste time doing that they will just abandon the cart. 

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
blzopbhi
Community Curator

Re: Buyer cannot complete purchase as products in cart at checkout change to £0

Jump to solution

What @JDTotesnDolls said. If other sales are completing, it is doubtful the problem is on the Etsy end, so Etsy cannot do anything except suggest things such as:

• Clear their cache in their browser (I hate being told this, but sometimes the cache becomes overcrowded and "confused".
  • Clear everything from computer's history. (See line above)
  • Ensure their browser is up to date.
  • If using a little known browser, try with one that is more popular because it has fewer problems such as Chrome or Edge. They are free.
  • Restart their computer.
  • Run a security check on their computer and their browser. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Did you ask the buyer what device they are using?  If the old app, they may need to upgrade the app.

If your shop is appearing to Etsy to have pricing and placing items in the cart are showing pricing then the problem is the customer's.  Etsy can't troubleshoot a problem that is not showing in your shop.  It is probably the buyers device or if using the app, their version.  Etsy can help them but they need to contact Etsy for this help.  Can't do it through you.  

2 Likes
blzopbhi
Community Curator

Jump to solution

What @JDTotesnDolls said. If other sales are completing, it is doubtful the problem is on the Etsy end, so Etsy cannot do anything except suggest things such as:

• Clear their cache in their browser (I hate being told this, but sometimes the cache becomes overcrowded and "confused".
  • Clear everything from computer's history. (See line above)
  • Ensure their browser is up to date.
  • If using a little known browser, try with one that is more popular because it has fewer problems such as Chrome or Edge. They are free.
  • Restart their computer.
  • Run a security check on their computer and their browser. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks. The customer did contact Etsy and pretty much told to do this so I think it must be a browser or device issue. Seemed to work anyway.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.