Business Tax

For filling in the business tax, there are only two types of sellers - sole-trader and incorporated business. As i'm in a general Partnership, i dont fall under either category, and there is no option for Partnership. Obviously i have the UTR number but so not sure what else i can do. I have documentation to prove we are a legitimate business, from HRMC.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Business Tax

If you select incorporated business, further down are the options for your details, and then the ability to add additional owners "Identify anyone who has more than 25% stake of the business."

I would have thought as a partnership this would be the way to go.

0 Likes

Thanks for replying, and i did fill in this option, but sadly it still needs a business registration number. General Partnerships only have a UTR number, and no registration number. So i can't complete the form, and it came back as unable to complete verification. Thank you. 

1 Like
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

On Etsy you cannot be full partners, only one is responsible for all the reporting, taxes, banking, so if they are your only business you are reporting income from, I would go with sole proprietor.

1 Like

Thank you, i think i will go with this, and will check with my accountant on monday just to be doubly sure, cheers

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.