SoulGuideJulia
Inspiration Seeker

Bummer! Message replies are temporarily deactivated - HAVE ANYONE SOLVED THIS ISSUE?

I have checked this forum and see that lots of sellers have same issue. 

I was never trying to reach out anyone, I am a starting seller and only answer customers when they reach to me. Then suddenly I wasn't able to answer on of my customer, I keep receiving these BUMMER messages. ETSY support doesn't answer me for more than a month now. I am not violating any rules, I wasn't spamming anyone. How can I get help from Etsy? Anyone who was able to solve this, what is a time frame for Etsy to respond to such issues? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
11 Replies

Re: Bummer! Message replies are temporarily deactivated - HAVE ANYONE SOLVED THIS ISSUE?

The ban on messages is not solely the result of sellers spamming, there could be many other reasons.

I am pretty sure that health / healing claims are against Etsy rules, but not 100% sure. Someone who knows more about your items will most likely be more informative. 

1 Like
SoulGuideJulia
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Bummer! Message replies are temporarily deactivated - HAVE ANYONE SOLVED THIS ISSUE?

I didn't hear Energy Healing is against any rules, there are lots of similar etsy stores offering energy healing services. Besides, in each listing in disclaimer I am writing this is not a substitute for medical care and recommend seek out medical help to check health as well. 

0 Likes

From etsy:

Regardless of accuracy or legality, some types of claims are prohibited on Etsy. 

Can treat, mitigate, diagnose, or cure a medical condition

Seller Disclaimers: Medical claims prohibited by Etsy always violate our policies, regardless of any disclaimers added by the Seller.

The following explanations cannot be used:
Another seller is selling the same item or a similar item in their shop

5 Likes

@SoulGuideJulia  - The changes Etsy has recently made to their messaging system is still a "work in progress". There are many issues & you may have fallen into one of the many cracks.
Assuming you were only replying to messages that buyers sent to you, or responding to messages from a potential buyer, you will simply need to be patient. If you still have access to the original help ticket you opened you can reply to that advising Etsy your issue is not resolved.

However if you were messaging people that favorited one of your listings or sending messages to  previous buyers encouraging them to say take advantage of a sale you were running, then definitely you will just have to live thru this time of having your messages muted.

In the meantime do read this from Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/medical-claims/239976157654

It is never a good idea to go by what others do here on Etsy. 

0 Likes

Etsy shops have been shut down for making medical claims. I would consider a different venue for your "medical health assessment." How can you do a full body scan online? How do you assess someone's overall health from a selfie? 

This is from the link provided above:

Seller Disclaimers: Medical claims prohibited by Etsy always violate our policies, regardless of any disclaimers added by the Seller.

4 Likes
SoulGuideJulia
Inspiration Seeker

Sorry I didn't answer your question. For me it is natural to make body scans using psychic abilities. I only use person's selfie (which is actually a phantom or energy copy of a person) to  connect with his/her Higher self. With its permission I go into this practice. Without permission I am not allowed to tap into his/her energy field. Everything we consist of is energy, even tangible body is a dense energy, so I can see energies and imbalances in energies, and for that I only need a real person or his/her photo, name and permission of his/her Highest self.

I know that many people are in need of this, so I decided to go online via Etsy, to help more people around the world. 

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

yes etsy has been removing the ability to message customers.

from shop owners who violate policies.

and the law.

every item you sell is prohibited.

distance healing.

medical claims.

tip jars.

so if you were discussing any of that in your messages...

it would make sense that etsy disabled your messages.

9 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

1 Like
SoulGuideJulia
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks everyone who responded, I will adjust my listings and will hope Etsy will answer me soon. If they decide to close my shop, then I will probably search for other ways. 

0 Likes

.... normally you have to wait out the ban

and change  the name of your shop - energy healing is not allowed

1 Like
SoulGuideJulia
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks! I will do that.

I also went through Esty policies and find out that as long something tangible is provided, I can offer these services psychic readings, and I offer a very detailed report of body reading. I will change my listings so no "medical" words are left out. 

Etsy welcomes a wide variety of divination and spell-related items, as long as they meet our Seller Policy. Tarot, psychic, or other divination readings must include a tangible good, such as photos of the tarot spread, audio/video of a reading, or text of the reading. You may deliver the tangible good through Etsy Messages or email.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.