Hello All, 

Well like so many others I decided to start a brand new Etsy Shop. It had come to my attention from several past customers that they have a very hard time finding tutu skirt sellers that will work with them and their plus size needs. I have never rejected a person based on their size and have made skirts for women with up to a 75" natural waist. Motivated by a desire to fill this gap I have been working behind the sceens to come up with a new product line that is more plus size inclusive that will go from a 1X - 7X with waist sizes up to 75". This line will be soley dedicated to plus size individuals.

I went through the whole process of opening a new shop of which I just found out they now charge a $15 activation fee. BOO. Anyway, I just created the first listing, got my payment info stuff set up, and clicked pay the activation fee which went through, then instantly, right after I click submit payment button, my new account is suspended. No biggie I think to myself, they are just weeding out the drop shippers from the real handmakers. So I appeal the suspension. I explain that my item(s) are handmade by me, the pictures I used for the one listing that they make you create are my pictures (I use a mannaquinne to display my items), and I have no other team members and my item does follow all of Etsy's handmade policies. It took them 1 min to follow up my appeal with a " We've performed a comprehensive review of your account and the information you provided, and are unable to reconsider this decision." I wrote them back and am still waiting for them to respond. 

What a joke Etsy has become. Seriously, you follow all the rules and still get shut down. Not only that but the way they respond to you in writting or even on the phone, they talk to you as if you're stupid and unable to understand the rules.  

Re: Brand New Account Suspended

Many new shops get shut down automatically then reopened later, so unlike everyone else in this thread, I don't necessarily think you were shut for offering tutus for different people in 2 different shops. Many of these shops get the auto-rejection as well. It may take Etsy 2 or more weeks to reopen the shop, if you can't otherwise get their attention. 

There is a small possibility that for some reason you didn't pass the new vetting criteria, which is worrisome for the future of this shop, but it seems unlikely. 

Etsy rarely shuts shops down for selling similar things in different shops, so keep trying to explain that you are moving the plus sized ones out of this shop. 

Good luck! 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

I think I would be annoyed to be treated differently having to go to a "special shop" for my size, Its like having to pay extra for something because you're different. Putting everything in one place would personally make me feel better not excluded from this shop. I know that is not you're intention but my personal opinion.

6 Likes

@GieseDeseiGns : I understand your perspective, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the concept of a "special shop" for plus-size individuals. It's valid to feel frustrated by the idea of being treated differently or having to go to a separate shop for your size. Your feelings about inclusivity and accessibility are important, and it's crucial to consider how different approaches may impact individuals differently.

That said, it's also essential to recognize the intention behind creating a dedicated shop for plus-size individuals. By offering a specialized platform, the goal is not to exclude anyone but rather to provide a space where plus-size customers feel represented and accommodated. This approach acknowledges the unique needs and challenges faced by individuals seeking larger sizes and aims to address those needs directly.

Additionally, my decision to open this shop was influenced by feedback from customers who have expressed difficulty finding shops that offer their size or are willing to work with them. By creating a shop exclusively for plus-size individuals, I'm aiming to fill this gap in the market and make it easier for customers to find tutus that cater to their specific needs.

Ultimately, the goal is to create a positive and inclusive shopping experience for all customers, regardless of size. While some individuals may prefer to have everything in one place, others appreciate the option of a specialized shop that caters specifically to their needs. It's about providing choice and ensuring that everyone feels valued and represented in the marketplace.

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.