Bots keep taking down listings for Handmade Policy Violation

I have 14 listings taken down the last 2 weeks and 1 today.  I can't seem to get ahold of support, they close my tickets automatically. I spoke with someone on the phone who couldn't do anything but forward a ticket to another group.

This has happened in the past to us multiple times and usually was an easy fix for support.  Now I can't seem to get any support.

We design and make all our pins since opening here in 2015 and follow all the listing rules.  No idea why the bots keep coming after us.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
28 Replies

Re: Bots keep taking down listings for Handmade Policy Violation

so they may say 'not handmade' but it could be for other things. Like intellectual property?

3 Likes
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

A quick search and I can find your exact same pins on Aliexpress for sale, so that may be it.

Edited to add: I look at your Jamaica flag pin and it is right beside one from Aliexpress, exact same picture, in the sponsored items row.

Scroll down and there are at least 2 other sellers on Etsy selling the same exact pin. 

9 Likes

Yes because they steal our photos.  We have a trademark for our pin designs.

0 Likes

@PatchesOhoul: Then be sure to provide Etsy with copies of the DMCA takedowns you filed and any responses you have received.

You also have listings where you need to include the licensing information for the trademarked and copyrighted names and images in those listings, otherwise buyers (and Etsy) may conclude they are counterfeits. Including the licensing information will show that you are not selling those items illegally and people in the forum will be to help you.

6 Likes
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

@PatchesOhoul I know it may seem like a hassle, but you definitely need to keep fighting these other sellers and companies, because the bots are going to keep pulling down your items if they find your images elsewhere.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@PatchesOhoul you can't trademark a national flag. Do you have a trademark for the shape (outline) of the pin itself? I'm just curious.

5 Likes

And to add, we've been selling 90% of our pin designs on Etsy since 2015, the others are newer pins. Our pictures are all over the internet and have been copied and stolen.

There is an entire store on Aliexpress that stole our Trademark name KSPIN and sell under that with our exact pictures.  But there's nothing they will do about that.  

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@PatchesOhoul Kristen it's hard to help if we can't see the items and descriptions It could be one word that you using that can deactivate a listing. We don't know. On a side note, do you realize your banner is outdated? You mention in the past support has fixed the issue but you don't mention what it was. We need more info to possibly help you. 

0 Likes

Yes our banner is outdated because we were gone last week.  

Our listings were taken down in violation of the handmade policy.  What it is, is other shops steal our photos and Etsy thinks we are but we’ve had our product line online since 2015.  

I was fighting AliExpress a long time ago until we finally gave up.  

0 Likes

Are these pins from your designs?  I don't see anything in the about page that says you are making and designing with POD help.  It appears Kspin does make pins from customer designs but does the other one?  I can find your pins elsewhere.  Do you sell elsewhere?  If Etsy finds the items elsewhere they may think the item is not handmade but you are reselling.

If you have an email reply back to that email that you still need help.

3 Likes

Kspin is our production company that we own and work with.  Yes we have sold all over the internet since 2015 and people have been using our trademarked design for our flag pins and our pictures for years.  Unfortunately not much we can do about it.

0 Likes

I had a listing taken down that has been up since 2015. I make everything myself. Why after all this time is it suddenly not handmade.

3 Likes

It’s bots they are using comparing pictures they find on reseller sites like AliExpress, Temu, etc.  But they clearly catch sellers doing the right thing and still take the listings down.  

1 Like
FolkTalesMarket
Inspiration Seeker

This happened to me as well. Finally, after seeing that they no longer care for their sellers,  we're taking a break from etsy. They won't reinstate our listings, they aren't even allowing us to contact some human agent for technical support. This is the last drop. I hope they reinstate your listings but this is it for me.

0 Likes

They just suspended our account permanently.  No customer support at all.  Can't get any response.  We've been on here since 2015 and sell mid 6 figures a year and will be figuring something else out.  

We have never violated any policies, no cases, no problems with anything.

0 Likes

Your shop is showing you are taking a break. That is not what it shows when Etsy permanently suspends an account

1 Like
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

Yes, it usually says the seller is no longer selling on Etsy if it was permanent.

It also lets me sign up to get an email when you're back, so it doesn't look like a permanent suspension. 

1 Like

I don't think you understand how Etsy works.  Your advise is incorrect all the time.  

They put my shop on vacation mode.  

0 Likes

Since you like giving bad advice.  This is what Etsy sent.

Hi PatchesOhoul,

This is Etsy’s Trust & Safety team.

We’ve reached out several times about listings from your shop that weren’t in line with our Handmade Policy. As a reminder, our policies for selling on Etsy help keep our marketplace a special destination for unique and creative goods, vintage items, and craft supplies.

Unfortunately, it looks like your shop has had more policy violations—so after a careful review, we’ll be suspending your account permanently in 28 days. Until then, we’ve put your shop on pause via Vacation Mode.

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

who is making the flags?

you are not listing them in *handmade*

and they are not craft supplies nor vintage.

4 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

never-mind.

i found where you are buying the flags.

one of your customers complained that you said the items were handmade.

but they named the company and the country that were on the bag who made them.

a production partner makes items from your design exclusively for you.

but their website clearly shows that they are available to anyone.

and you are using their pictures.

3 Likes

Yes we partnered with Flags Importer 10 years ago, they took our designs and made flags.  We use their photos as we PAID for them to do the photos and we get residuals when they sell from THEIR website.  

0 Likes
Holzwirkstatt
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Bots keep taking down listings for Handmade Policy Violation

Hello,
Why is it always the seller who is the first to be angry on Etsy and not the person who may have stolen the pictures? Why not give the seller 14 days to respond to the allegations and then take appropriate action?

1 Like
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Bots keep taking down listings for Handmade Policy Violation

Now don't confuse the issue with smart, practical advice. I think there isn't enough people to actually look at things in a timely manner thus the bots being used and messing everything up.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.