Bank account unlinked, shop closed, funds temporarily on hold

hi,

i am a new seller to etsy and my shops been open for just over a week. i technically made 2 sales however one last night said payment processing and then today i had an email to say my bank account was unlinked. Another to say there was suspicious activity and to change my password which i have now done. Another email to say click the link to verify. When i log in my shop has been closed by Etsy, my funds temporaily on hold and all my bank details needed to be put in again.

i have contacted email saying i expected i've been hacked - has this happened to anyone else? How long did they take to reply? 

I will have now lost that sale to as i got an email saying it was cancelled which i suspect is because my shop has been closed?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Bank account unlinked, shop closed, funds temporarily on hold

Yup, you've been scammed.
Contact your bank asap.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

What's the url of your shop? I don't see a shop linked to your forum profile. Even a closed shop usually has a shop link in your forum profile for a little while (unless they've changed it).

Make sure that any messages you have received from Etsy are actually from Etsy. Messages from Etsy will appear in the 'from Etsy' folder of your message inbox. Check your messages using a browser. Then you can work out if you've been scammed or whether you need to do anything to try to get your shop back.

Contact Etsy Support via your shop manager (Help > Contact us). Not via messages.

If your shop has in fact been closed (which it looks like) your recent sale will probably be refunded to the customer.

0 Likes

My shop is Twice Loved Jewellery. I managed to log back in to my account after changing the password and then i came on here to post this and have just noticed my username is completely different and i didn't set it as that. Why would it not say my name Nicole?

Also all the contact i've had from Etsy has been through email not any messages in to my account on Etsy.

In my finance part of the shop is says my funds are on hold and my bank details can't be verified.

1 Like

@TwiceLovedJewellery: If you were hacked, they probably changed your username and may have attempted to change your banking information, too.

0 Likes

@TwiceLovedJewellery Your shop may only be temporarily closed.  Clicking on your seller profile doesn't bring me to an 'uh oh' page which would indicate permanently suspended.  As Amaradorn advised, contact Support through Help > Contact us.

The ''leafwfx9'' is the username that Etsy assigned you when you first opened an account.  It reverted back to that code name when your shop was suspended.  Look at the address bar on your About page:

Nicole's favorite items - Etsy

Your actual name is still shown on your shop.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@TwiceLovedJewellery your username is fine. It's just internal unique ID which is assigned when you create an account. 

The reason I mentioned messages rather than emails is because I wanted to make sure you hadn't received a message (via Etsy messages) which asked you to click on a link or scan a QR code to verify your shop - these messages are from scammers, not Etsy. They then ask for your debit/credit card details.

Etsy will verify your bank account by making a tiny deposit into your bank account (not credit card). Then they ask you how much was deposited to verify. If your bank account is not verified within a certain amount of time then your shop would be closed, so perhaps that is what happened.

You can also check your sign in log to see if anyone else has logged in which would indicate that your account was compromised.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115015569567-How-to-Make-Your-Account-More-Secure

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@TwiceLovedJewellery  was it an email or an Etsy message?

0 Likes

is was all through email

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.