EpoqueVintage
Conversation Maker

Bank Verification Issue, No Field for Small Deposit Amount

Jump to solution

On Tuesday I received an Etsy message via email and my dashboard and payment account that I need to verify my bank account within 30 days in order to receive any payments.

I have been selling on Etsy for 10 years and my business bank account details have not changed since, also my payment account was already showing the green verified.

I was a trepadatious as I know that many sellers  have been experiencing issues, I looked into it and ok, I understand that it is necessary to reverify every so often, it would be helpful if Etsys verbiage clarifys reverification as this can cause confusion.

I followed Etsys instructions. I didn't change or edit anything as in my case nothing has changed so just clicked through.

I received a message in an orange box saying that a small deposit would appear in my bank account within the next day or two and to come back to the payment account to verify the small deposit amount.

A small amount was indeed deposited and I went back to verify. 

The orange box has disappeared and there is no field to input the small deposit amount in order to verify. Now the box that said verified in green is now saying  pending in orange. I have read through all the Etsy help info on verification of accounts, looked in various places and there is no way and nowhere I can input the small deposit amount in order to verify my account.

I was right to be wary, it seem there are still issues with bank verification.

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Spellbinderie
Conversation Maker

Re: Bank Verification Issue, No Field for Small Deposit Amount

Jump to solution

I also found it confusing!  The window is not available on the banking details (finance) page -- which is where I expected to find it.  Instead I had to go back to the shop dashboard.  There was a link there to click that took me to where to enter the deposit amount.
@EpoqueVintage @StoneCircleWools 

(Edited as it seems it's a banner on the dashboard homepage and not in the check list area)

View solution in original post

2 Likes
10 Replies
StoneCircleWools
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: Bank Verification Issue, No Field for Small Deposit Amount

Jump to solution

Same problem here. I was asked to verify my bank account, and on that day I didn´t change any of the bank details that were already there and clicked through to save. Then I was told to wait 2-3 days for the small payment to arrive in my bank account. It arrived yesterday, but there is no field nor button to click in the financial section of my Etsy account to continue the verification process. Instead the fields for my bank account details on Etsy were now empty, so I filled them back in and saved the info. Nothing. No further info as to where to enter the small payment amount, it just said again that I should be expecting a small payment in my bank account within the next 2-3 days. I read through the Help threads, and apparently every time you reenter your account details for the verification process you will be sent a new small payment amount. Perhaps I was too fast and should have waited another day or two for another verification banner to appear. Now that I reentered my account details I will wait a couple of days to see if anything will show banner wise, or if the new small payment will be sent. Not sure what else to do right now.

1 Like
EpoqueVintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@StoneCircleWools 

I'm glad it's not just me!

It is worrying for sellers, so I hope this is sorted out soon. 

0 Likes
Spellbinderie
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I also found it confusing!  The window is not available on the banking details (finance) page -- which is where I expected to find it.  Instead I had to go back to the shop dashboard.  There was a link there to click that took me to where to enter the deposit amount.
@EpoqueVintage @StoneCircleWools 

(Edited as it seems it's a banner on the dashboard homepage and not in the check list area)

2 Likes
StoneCircleWools
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Oh thanks for the tip, I found the verification link on my dashboard, yay! But because I entered my bank details again the first small payment amount was not accepted anymore. I will wait for the second one, and THEN I will know where to find the link!

1 Like
EpoqueVintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Spellbinderie 

Thank you, I went to my dashboard and there was no checklist but a banner with a clickable link taking me to a field to  enter the amount. All verified now! 

I don't think the banner was there earlier. Phew! 

1 Like
Spellbinderie
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@EpoqueVintage Maybe it was a banner.  It was a couple of weeks ago so my memory is a bit foggy on the details.  Glad you found it!

1 Like

Jump to solution

It taks 24 to 48 hours for the window to open to add the deposit.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

YES ! Exactly the same my shop is suspended but i cant imout the amount anywhere ! what do we do ?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

ok thank you all ,

ive now found the ' hidden' link but im still suspended, its so harsh that the bots just automatically switch you off with out a second thought as to the fact you actually might be living on the proceeds from your small buisness !

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello all

I have an orange banner saying click here. Can’t click.  I don’t have anywhere on the home page either to click.  Where the heck are you supposed to put the small deposit amount. My account is suspended which I assume is due to this process that seems I am unable to complete.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.