Bad Request

This is getting stupid now! It started about a fortnight ago, and is getting more frequent. Cleared history, cache, cookies etc. Restarted computer - NOTHING. Still can't get into my shop on Chrome. Writing this post on Firefox, but I know it's not just a Chrome issue as I read in another thread that it's happening on other browsers. Surely it's an Etsy end issue? I can't believe everybody's  computers are going belly up at the same time - plus it only happens on Etsy. No problem at all getting onto any other sites on Chrome. Not holding my breath, but making another thread to try to get Etsy to see that there's problem for sellers trying to actually get into their shops. Maybe buyers are getting the 'BAD REQUEST' page when they log on too?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
25 Replies
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Re: Bad Request

I'm a long term Chrome user and have never had trouble accessing Etsy on it,  perhaps it is a combination of factors?

5 Likes

I am also using Chrome without issues. It is strange it is only happening to you on Chrome. At least you can use other browsers while trying to figure it out.

0 Likes
Sofiasbijoux
Conversation Maker

I am using Chrome and don't have this problem with Etsy but with Amazon, I couldn't get in for 24 hours and then suddenly everything went back to normal.

0 Likes

I get this from time to time and it happens due to an out of date web browser and ublock origin plugin on my end.firefox browser

I've found if I just use the back arrow until i reach the etsy home page I can refresh the page and the I am signed in thanks to the browser cookies

0 Likes

You’re not alone.  I rarely can get etsy to load on chrome. I cleared everything, including all browser extensions.

Super frustrating 

2 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Same problem here on Chrome for about a month now.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

I have the same problem using Safari so I don't think it's a browser specific issue.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

I've always used Chrome with a desktop computer, Windows 10.  And haven't received an Error Code in a while.  In the past when it happened, I thought it was something having to do with my Internet Provider.  Then there were times while on the Forum Page, bottom Right (where it shows the podcast), a Chrome sad square head would appear. I'd Redisplay the page.  But that hasn't happened in a while.  I do see quite a few people reporting Error Codes and Bad Requests, so something different must be going on.  Otherwise we wouldn't see so much of these reports.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@ChillwolfArt  I agree - I think it's some change the Etsy coders did because I'm only getting it on Etsy. I wish they would at least acknowledge there is a problem. I've never used Chrome so that's not it.

2 Likes

Desktop, windows 10, using chrome and haven't ever had a problem with getting into etsy. What device are you using?

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@CatsBeadKitsandMore  I'm using my iMac and Safari and getting the "400 bad request" off and on for about 5 days now.

1 Like

Me, too, NanaLetha.

IT'S NOT OUR COMPUTERS OR BROWSERS!!

0 Likes

Had this same problem a few years ago… lasted a “year”, seriously…did everything you tried too. Gave up and used separate browsers for my two Etsy shops . Mystery to me too. 

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Now I can't even sign out of my shop - Bad Request!

1 Like

It's at it again tonight GGGRRRRR! So had to go onto Firefox. Managed to get in and out on Chrome a few times during the day but no dice now. PITA.  

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

It may be a good idea for those having trouble, to "at" Admin ampersay.  This can't be a coincidence.

ETA:  Sellers can't work like this.  And perhaps Buyers are having trouble as well.

0 Likes

That's my biggest worry.  Are we the only ones having problems or is it effecting prospective customers also?

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@mommawhazelsquilts  yes, I know but Etsy could at least acknowledge there is a problem.

1 Like

Oh, I definitely agree with that.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Still getting the same error - now I'm getting it when trying to go to my shop dashboard!

0 Likes

This has been happening for me much more frequently lately. I can't list anything new or even edit a listing on Chrome, I can only do that on Firefox at this point. It seems to be directly accessing my shop that's the main issue. If I go to my sold orders or my messages without visiting my shop first it doesn't give me the bad request. Some days I can access my shop on Chrome for a while before I get the error, but today it won't let me into my shop at all no matter how many times I clear my browser data. I've been on Etsy since 2009 and this has never happened to me before. Absolutely an issue on Etsy's end and I'm hoping they find a way to resolve it before the busy holiday season.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@peacefrogdesigns  I fixed by clearing my browser history.

0 Likes

ait for few, it will come back. Been doing that for wel over a month now

0 Likes

Wait for few, it will come back. Been doing that for wel over a month now

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.