Does anyone else have a Bad request pop up while browsing on Etsy?  This started happening a few days ago. It only happens when I am looking through Etsy.  Clearing my cache doesn't help.

Re: Bad Request while browsing on Etsy

This exact problem just started happening for me last evening and is still ongoing as of now.  I've not been able to get into my shop manager at all.  I was able to access Etsy's home page - but cannot do anything there (search, or click on anything) without getting this error. I'm sure this is affecting customers who are trying to shop or contact us as well.

I have no trouble accessing any other websites at all.  So this is definitely an Etsy issue - not a problem with all of our servers.  I'm on Firefox and was able to access Etsy on Chrome just now - but from the sounds of it, others here are also having problems on Chrome, so I'm not sure how long that will last.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

I did all my updates recently.

It didn't help, but thanks for the idea. I can see things ok, for now, with Chrome but FF is a bust.

0 Likes

I've had this "Bad Request" problem since suddenly on Wednesday evening while I was working on Firefox.  I was still able to work in Chrome until yesterday afternoon - then the same problem occurred there.

I tried rebooting, clearing the cache, clearing cookies, checking extensions, and so forth.  Today I tried clearing cookies again (after leaving my computer totally off overnight) - and this time it worked for both Chrome and Firefox. 

0 Likes
INVITALIA
Inspiration Seeker

HELP! i cannot access any etsy page and my shop. it says 400 bad request...i can only access it from my phone but i need laptop to work on it...it started to happn while i was listing new listings....so ODD

0 Likes
UppNorthCo
Community Maker

it comes and goes.  try again in a little while.  it will probably work.

0 Likes

Have same problem since a day of 4. It is really annying, even while making a new listing, and everything is on place, it just turn to bad gateway when click proceed to make the listing. Cleared cache and what not, nothing helps, really bad

2 Likes

I have been taken to the same "Bad Request" error page for the last few weeks. It happens randomly in both the latest version of Chrome and Safari. Working in MAC OD Ventura version 13.4.1.
Can anyone help? 

0 Likes
kissmyattvintage
Inspiration Seeker

Ugh, started happening yesterday.  So frustrating.  I have a friend who is IT expert for Dell.  He is going to diagnose it for me tonight. 

0 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Would love to know what's causing this, it's driving me batty

0 Likes

I was having this problem - and Etsy told me to see if it happens when I go to private window - and it didn't happen there. 

They said it could be a conflict with one of my Chrome or Microsoft extensions. 

I got rid of all my extension except for Everbee - then a clear the DNS (had to google how to do that) then re-booted my modem. 

So far so good after all that.  Now probably after writing all this - it's gonna happen again.  But so far since I rebooted modem it hasn't happened.  And it was driving me nuts!

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes
SheShedCustoms
Inspiration Seeker

Yes! All of a sudden I started having issues with that. It's upsetting because if I am having that issue I'm sure customers are also.

0 Likes

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

0 Likes

@DianesK9Creations: There are innumerable reasons for this error - some server side some client side. Two common causes are too many cookies (and Etsy leaves many) and browser extensions that don't play nice with Etsy (Sale Samurai is often mentioned).

0 Likes

Desktop Chrome I can't get to my store or the forums.

0 Likes

Other websites are ok I'm having problems with Etsy only.

2 Likes

I've been having this issue for awhile and it's because of an insane amount of Etsy cookies. To clear it I go to "settings", cookies/permission, manage and delete cookies/site, see all cookies, pick Etsy and delete. 

0 Likes

This is happening to me now.  I can't edit any listings.  That pops up every time I click on one. 

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@RavenPrintableDesign  I have had the same thing happen for about a week now. I restarted my computer and it didn't help. I then switched browsers from Safari to Firefox and things went back to normal. I waited about 30 minutes, went back to Safari and had no problems. 

1 Like

Interesting!  I'll try that. Thank you!

0 Likes

For me, I need to clear cookies & browser history on Chrome every couple of days, or use a different browser.  Annoying as a Seller - disturbing to think this is happening to some of our Buyers.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.