Bad Request while browsing on Etsy

Does anyone else have a Bad request pop up while browsing on Etsy?  This started happening a few days ago. It only happens when I am looking through Etsy.  Clearing my cache doesn't help.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
12 Likes
69 Replies
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Re: Bad Request while browsing on Etsy

Check your settings and cookies.

0 Likes

@NorwegianGal333: A "Bad Request" error is almost always a server side error.

3 Likes

Do you mean my internet provider?  I don't  have any knowledge of computer workings .  Is there a way 
I can fix that? Thank you for your time

0 Likes

@NorwegianGal333: It generally means that the Etsy server cannot or will not process the request. Sometimes a <CRTL><F5> will update the web page information and might resolve the issue, depending on what it is. There are so many possible reasons that is almost impossible to give more specific help. Since the requests are written by Etsy and might contain malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing only they can fix it.

6 Likes

I am having the same issue.  I've been on etsy for years and never had this.

11 Likes
OnTrend365
Inspiration Seeker

I just started having this issue too about a month ago! Super annoying to have to clear my history/cookies/cache every hour or so. I hope etsy's servers fix this issue...

3 Likes

The most likely reasons is the # of Cookies Etsy is sending. However, as I said, even when clearing cache and cookies - a headache for saved stuff - it does not always help. I am hoping Support can escalate this to the proper team for resolution.

4 Likes

Thank you Bagmaker Supply.  Etsy couldn;t figure out why I can't log in to my shops and basically blamed Chrome and that was that. Still not able to log in to my shops without having to do a lot of steps to just get there and now this bad request error thing is so frustrating.

3 Likes

This is exactly what's happening to me. Etsy doesn't know and that's that. I don't think I have any further recourse.

1 Like
TheArtfulTwig
Conversation Maker

I had this happen recently, too.  It totally freaked me out because I couldn't access my shop for about half an hour, no matter what I tried.  I did some research on the error message I was getting, and the suggestions there didn't help, either.

Finally, I restarted the cable modem, the computer, and the browser and then everything was fine. I didn't even have to sign back in to Etsy.

7 Likes

A bit of a workaround I found was rather than going into Dashboard from the Shop home page, I click messages - even if I have none - and navigate to the dash from there. It's not a solution perse, but at least I can get in!

3 Likes

Have you had the problem since you restarted your cable modem?

I am getting the same error message from Etsy shop manager.  If I reboot it stops - then it comes back.  I didn't try rebooting the modem. 

0 Likes
TheArtfulTwig
Conversation Maker

@CindyLBoutique 

No, it's been fine since I restarted the cable modem.  

0 Likes

This started happening only in the last few days. About every hour I get a bad request page in my browser when trying to open shop manager - I usually have to completely exit the browser, wait like 4 minutes and re-enter the site. Clearing the cache does not resolve the issue.

4 Likes

Right now, I have trouble using the sight with constant. bad request. I just tried to purchase an item and was unable.

1 Like

Happening all the time now. Normally, clearing the cookies out enables me to get into my dashboard but not today.

1 Like
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

This has been happening to me at least once a day for a while now, maybe a couple weeks. I have to clear my cache every time. Very irritating. 

1 Like

it is happening to me several times per day. I have sent a report into Etsy Support with a screenshot - it is happening on all browsers - firefox, Chrome and Edge.

5 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. And yes it's so annoying. 

I can't imagine having to keep clearing the cache when it gets a lot busier towards Christmas. 

Etsy said this is not their server - that the problem is us - the user. 

But I see a ton of Etsy sellers having this same issue - so how can it be all of us?

2 Likes

It has been happening to me today ugh

0 Likes

Also I clicked on an Etsy shop from google shopping and it said the site was not secure. Is Etsy running out of space for all the new sellers to fit in. So many errors and changes everyday. Seems like they are going backwards instead of forward.

4 Likes

I'm having this same issue too. Just started today. Which is a real pain since I'm trying to list a bunch of products in prep for the Q4 fall season and these constant errors are slowing down my progress. Really Etsy? Talk about bad timing...

1 Like

I'm going thru same exact thing - and I'm also trying to list a bunch of new things to prep for Q4. 

I contacted Microsoft support - they were no help - and Etsy support - Etsy said the problem is on the user end and not their server.   But then why are so many of us suddenly having the same problem?

0 Likes

I am also having this same issue now for about a week. I hope they can resolve it.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.