LisasTutus
Inspiration Seeker

Back up codes not working

Has anyone had their back up 2-step codes NOT work? I am so stressed right now! I changed phone companies and had my number imported to a new provider. I went to sign into my Etsy on my phone and it is not sending me my authentication code to my texts. I am getting texts from everywhere else so I am at a loss. I have my backup codes and none of those are working. I am going to write etsy once I figure out how since none of their selections actually matches my problem and the chat is gone, but figured I would ask here first to see if anyone has had this problem before. If it helps I am switching from an iphone xsmax to the 13 pro max on the tmobile network. Thankfully I can still access my shop on my desktop but if that gets logged out I won’t be able to get back in and that is freaking me out.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Back up codes not working

I know when I signed up for Etsy I had to list a phone number-(12 years ago)---and once, probably 10 years ago Etsy actually called me about something. So I am pretty sure  there is a "spot" for your number. (No idea now where that would be this many years ago. If you can find it i your setting I bet there is a place to change either your number and/or your provider.   That is probably what needs to be done.

0 Likes
Yolympia
Crafty Poster

@lisasTutus  Did you get an answer to your issue? I want to change my phone number, new phone number,  but texts are sent to the old phone and the backup codes do not work.

0 Likes

I never could get them to work when I was locked out. 

0 Likes
Yolympia
Crafty Poster

@KMBankston  You will be surprised to know I contacted Etsy support yesterday and they addressed my issue within hours. Removed the 2 step verification for me.

Hope everything is ok for you now...or will be soon.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.