Automatic reply without vacation mode

how do I change my settings to automatic reply without using vacation mode? 

Thanks.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Replies

Re: Automatic reply without vacation mode

From Help Center:

How to set an auto-reply for Messages

You can set up a temporary auto-reply for your messages. If you’re leaving your shop for a couple days, or will be slow to respond, you can use auto-replies to let shoppers know.

To set up an auto-reply:

1. On Etsy.com, click Your account.
  2. Select the Messages icon in the menu.
  3. Select Auto-Reply.
  4. Toggle Auto-reply on.
  5. Enter your auto-reply.
  6. Choose how long you’d like to have your auto-reply on. You can have an auto-reply for up to 5 days.
  7. Select Save.

If a shopper messages you while your auto-reply is on, they’ll receive the message you set. If a shopper sends multiple messages, they’ll only get the auto-reply once.

If you need to set an auto-reply for longer than 5 days, consider putting your shop on Vacation Mode

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015654988-How-to-Send-Messages-to-Buyers

2 Likes

Re: Automatic reply without vacation mode

@Maritimesoapandbath  I just want to emphasize that the time frame you select is how long the autoreply will stay on, not the time it will "kick in".

Once you turn it on, the autoreply is immediate to the Buyer, and you will still get an email and a notification in your Messages - immediately .

Many Sellers think  (incorrectly) that setting the autoreply for "5 hours" means that if they don't answer within 5 hours of someone sending them a message, that that's when the autoreply message gets sent.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.