Auto reply did not work last night

My normal business hours are 8-5 M-F and I have auto reply set up to respond to customers outside of these hours (until I get back into the office to answer their questions properly).  This has been set up for months and has worked just fine until last night.   From 9-11pm last night I received 3 customer messages (not Order Help) and none of them generated an auto reply.  I double checked my settings and auto reply is still set up.  Did anyone else have a problem with auto reply last night?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Auto reply did not work last night

Auto-reply only works for 5 days at a time.

1 Like

@AshleyLaneJewels  - This from Etsy on auto-reply messaging:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015654988-How-to-Send-Messages-to-Buyers?segment=selling

They have the feature for temporary, for up to 5 days; something called weekly auto-replies that doesn't appear to need to be reset as often. Then there's the ability to set up auto-reply when going into vacation mode, which keeps the option up and running until you reopen the shop.

Do note though, you may very well have everything set up correctly, but, there have been a large number of threads on messages. Glitches for all sorts of reasons. Auto reply feature quite possibly needs to be added to the glitch list. 

2 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Be sure you have WEEKLY auto reply set (no reset needed).  The TEMPORARY auto reply requires reset every 5 days max.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.