MitaSoaps
Inspiration Seeker

Australian shop currency altered not by me

I opened my Account as usual, I noticed every  listing has the UK pricing, how did it happen? I am only selling to Australia-within Australia,I am based in Australia. My settings are restricted to Australia only.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Australian shop currency altered not by me

Check your viewing currency.

0 Likes
MitaSoaps
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks, my viewing currency was always in Australian $ ,suddenly my prices were converted to UK pounds .they are still on UK currency. I didn’t change anything,how could this happen?

0 Likes

My shop insists on only showing listings that ship to the UK unless I change it.  Then when I go to search again...back to UK only listings.  I dont know why.  It is infuriating.

0 Likes
MitaSoaps
Inspiration Seeker

I have checked my account again, my listings are now back to showing the original Australian currency in $, it is good again - I didn’t change it back either….is this a technical issue being fixed ?

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

There are several places where you can control the location and currency settings. Assuming your shop settings are correct - go and check your buyer settings (on the bottom left of Etsy search pages on the website). Sometimes this gets changed due to a bug or maybe the device you are using. There's also a 'delivery to' setting which is on the listing pages (see other shop's listings -not your own). 

Also remember that buyers will see your prices according to their own location and currency settings so don't panic if it looks wrong to you, it's probably just your buyer settings.

0 Likes
MitaSoaps
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you. It was ok for a little while.I have noticed one of my listings is showing English pounds again ,I have checked my settings and I have received an email from Etsy UK about providing my ID?,I get concerned about scammers so I will ignore the email.

0 Likes

I had the same problem earlier this week. For some strange reason my shop was showing everything in Canadian dollars but I am in the U.K. and my prices are in pounds Stirling. I hadn’t done anything to change this so I presume it was a glitch and after changing my settings it went back to Stirling.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.