HandinHandstory
Inspiration Seeker

Appeal closed with no answer

I am writing here because maybe someone can help me understand what is happening.Opened a shop in January 2024 (Handinhandstory), made 2 sales and now shop suspended due to “a possible security breach” and this is for my protection.After many many emails with robotic questions, same emails sent over and over without reading anything that I wrote, telling me to contact the seller if I have a problem (meanwhile me being the seller), I filed an appeal and after 2 week it is closed without any answer.. nothing…

This is unbelievable, you can not contact anyone, can’t talk to anybody, all you get as an answer are stupid idiotic links .. 

is there anyone with an advice .. what am I doing wrong?!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Appeal closed with no answer

Since we can no longer see your shop and you did not indicate what you were selling, its' hard to say.  

I found a cached version of your shop.  Were the items handmade by you?  Designed by you and then made by a POD for you?  Are these items vintage?  If none of this applies then one cannot sell on Etsy.  In the handmade dept. the seller must be the designer/creator or a member of the shop.  If a POD is used then the POD needs to be stated in listings and about page.

Other possibilities may be lack of shop policies and about page?

Other may be lack of tax information and bank verification?

A security breach could mean that someone was trying to hack into your shop.  Is your computer shared with others outside your home?  Do others have access to your computer?  Phone issue perhaps? Have you looked at your usage to see if there are any sign in history you do not recognize?

Did you take one email and respond back to that email that you still needed help?  Opening so many tickets eventually leads Etsy to shut all communication down.  Take one email and reply back with the information about what is happening.

0 Likes
HandinHandstory
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your answer, somehow my shop is now opened after my second appeal. 
yes, all items are handmade by me, and all of the above are checked and verified. The only thing left is that the deposit is on hold due to verification for gov ID ( also uploaded sever times and still no action taken).

0 Likes

Your shop doesn't look like it's been suspended.

HandinHandstory - Etsy

1 Like

Is it possible that you have two different accounts somehow as I can see the shop linked in TheVintagePineapple comment but noting connected to your name in this thread. 

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Do you have two Etsy Accounts?  There is no shop attached to the one you are writing from and the status is reader, which suggests a buyer only account, although normally you need to be a seller to post in these forums.  Is the shop @TheVintagePineapple  mentioned above, HandinHandstory, the shop you are talking about? 

If so, I have some suggestions.

• There is nothing at all in the About space which means the shop is incomplete.
  • The items in your shop don't appear to be your own handiwork, those exact photos are on several sites.
  • It appears you are simply buying items from elsewhere and reselling them here, which is not allowed.

Items for sale on Etsy have to fit one of 3 categories. 

• Handmade, which means either made by your own hands, or at the very least designed by you and made with the assistance of a nominated Production Partner who manufactures them exclusively for you.  You cannot simply buy from other sites and resell here.
  • Vintage, which means at least 20 years old, which none of your items appear to be.
  • Craft supplies, which clearly your items are not.

If HandinHandstory is not your shop, it appears that your shop is not just suspended, but gone altogether.  There is nothing we in the forums can do to help.   if it is, then I am afraid that you have chosen the wrong venue, as your items simply don't meet Etsy's requirements.  

0 Likes
HandinHandstory
Inspiration Seeker

My shop is opened now, I don’t understand since the only mail received was that my etsy adds are on.

Anyway, the items are handmade by me. Could you please check now the link if it looks the same as initially or it changed? It should have coasters and boards made of wood and epoxy resin. Nothing vintage or resold :(.

My shop being suspened I only had acces to personal account and the shop was not assigned to me. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.