Anyone else having problems with messages?

I can see the new message on the dashboard and able to read the first sentence from the dashboard but when I click the message to read it all everything is blank. The customer is having the same problem, we can only read the first sentence.

She also wanted to ask if her order came through, which it didn't in my order section but her message shows she placed an order.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
5 Replies
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Re: Anyone else having problems with messages?

This is a new scam, "buyers" asking if an order came through.

If there's no order in your shop dashboard then there was no order. Did she send you a screenshot of the order, and does it look legit?

And is there any money in your account that indicates such an order was placed?

This probably also explains why the messaging isn't working right; Etsy might already be on to them.

1 Like

Honestly it sounds like a scam attempt. A screen shot of an order is easy to photoshop. 

If there is no order, do not communicate with them. At most just tell them they need to contact Etsy support, as they're the only ones that can help if an order hasn't processed. 

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Scam!

0 Likes
Cleverlyblu
Inspiration Seeker

No, I'm having the same problem from a real buyer, I cannot see the complete message, and once that I managed to read and reply, the "send" button disappeared, I had to answer from the app, there was no way to answer on the pc

0 Likes

Yes.  Same as described, I click on it, I can see one line and then it goes blank.  They better not ding us, especially since we can't read the message in order to reply.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.