Annoying lag in text in new listings editor?

Curious if it's just me experiencing the most ANNOYING lag in text when typing in the new listings editor. Specifically when adding alt text to photos. Not only does it lag, but it backspaces all my spaces unless I type super super slow.  I noticed this when I first tried the new editor months ago and I thought, "oh well, it's brand new, so it's glitchy" but here we are several months later and it still works like garbage. 

Anyone else, or am I experiencing some solo phenomenon?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
13 Replies
TBQSC
Community Maker

Re: Annoying lag in text in new listings editor?

I never use the new listing form due to its known glitches, but yes the lag is annoying, even within a browser using the old form (the backspace lag is the most annoying).  

4 Likes

@TBQSC   There are very few glitches now with the new format.  There are some things that need to be added.  But I find the new listing format superior to the old one.

0 Likes
UptownYvette
Conversation Maker

I didn't have any issues with it today.

1 Like

I've never not had issues with it... I'm starting to wonder if there is something up with my computer or browser- although everything is up to date so it really is a mystery headache

1 Like

I use the new format all the time.  I prefer to the old.  I've never experienced lag time except when my ISP is acting up.  Otherwise everything goes just fine.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

I've tried the new form a few times, but I am so used to the way the old form works and am comfortable with its workflow.  The new form seems out of "flow" (for lack of a better word, lol); things are in different places, and it seems there are areas missing and I either have to scroll up to find it or switch to the old form to find it.  I do like how the title shows at the bottom page on old form ... seeing this visual helps with adding tags.  I keep trying to use/like the new form ... I'll get there eventually, maybe!

3 Likes

@TBQSC I'm with you, I find myself scrolling up and down a dozen times to see what my title looks like while adding tags. I guess, like all things, we'll get used to it with time!

1 Like
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

The Alt text lag is annoying. I have a lot of Alt text examples saved in Word and I just copy and paste to get around it.

I'm using Firefox on a pc.

1 Like

YES! Big delays. I've used the feedback option over a dozen times on this. Firefox, Windows. The lag is so bad I always use the older version. I keep testing it and it keeps slowing me down

2 Likes

Yes! Happens to me every single time I enter alt text. It slows me down considerably and I always have to go back and correct something because it misses space bar and runs words together due to the lag. Please, ETSY, fix this!

1 Like

Yep I have this exact problem too! The only work around is to type super slow which is really time consuming. I spend more time putting the spaces back in that Etsy alt text seems to run together. The space is there for a split second then it’s gone

1 Like

doesn't it make you absolutely crazy? I have to walk away from it sometimes because I lose my patience lol

1 Like

When I tried it the lag for me was I had to wait for all the photos to load before I could continue to the next/text page. "Ain't nobody got time for that". The old lister you can be completing the listing while the photos load (at a ridiculously slow pace compared to loading pix on Ebay but faster than the "new" way)

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.