Annoying Cart Pop Up

Shopping on Etsy just became hugely unpleasant. For days now, an annoying cart pop up is telling me to purchase something that's in my cart...however, it's not even in my cart! I didn't even favorite the item either! EVERY TIME I VISIT A LISTING ON ETSY, IT POPS UP!!! AND EVERY TIME I HAVE TO CLOSE THE POP UP SO IT DISAPPEARS!!! There's no escape! Soooo annoying. (All pop ups are annoying and cheap anyway...and out of principle I won't buy something that's being forced on me....period). I tried signing out and signing back in. I checked my chrome pop up blocker in my settings....I added etsy.com. Didn't work. I even added a chrome pop up extension to see if that worked....nope! How in God's name do I stop this from happening? Until it disappears my shopping days on Etsy are over! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
25 Likes
15 Replies

Re: Annoying Cart Pop Up

@WestonMiniature  - Ages ago I learned that if I placed something in my cart & didn't want the pop-ups while I kept browsing, I needed to immediately place the carted item in 'save for later'. 

I rarely favorite items, though it wouldn't surprise me if Etsy has pop-ups reminding you that you favorited something & why not buy it type of thing.

And every once in a while, I do get those annoying pop-ups from Etsy reminding me that I (only) looked at a listing's details from search results. That I haven't carted it yet, or that it's the only one remaining, but I really need to buy it now. 

IMO pop-ups are quite annoying & do more to deter sales than encourage them. But apparently Etsy does not share this way of thinking. 

10 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Try clearing your browser cache.

1 Like

Ahhhhh.....yes. the browser cache. Why do I always forget about that?  lol Yes, this worked. Thanks a million.

1 Like

Getting a popup from simply looking at an item is the absolute height of annoying. 

12 Likes

One of those has started to pop up on my shop too, it is not in my cart! Really aggravating not just once and gone when I x it out but pops up on every new page.

9 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Did you see above where Desert Chains said to clear your browser cache to make it go away? 

0 Likes

They are driving me crazy, like they are starting to peeve me off to the point of leaving during my shopping experience. For the life of me, I don’t understand why they don’t think this is totally annoying. I don’t know one person who enjoys pop ups, that is why blockers exist. And it’s not only for items in the cart now, because of pop ups I don’t put items in my cart. For me, they are popping up on the left, on the right, on the left……and it doesn’t stop. Etsy this is driving customers away. It’s just COMMON SENSE.

14 Likes
SimpleLanyards
Inspiration Seeker

These pop ups are making it unbearable to shop on etsy.

I deleted everything from my shopping cart and now i am getting pop up ads for the items in my “save for later list”.

Now I am logging out and leaving etsy every time it happens.

6 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Just had one of these for an item I looked at yesterday. But it was in my cart. I didn't even favorite it and etsy added it to my cart then said go buy it... 

That's enough to make me not want to browse. 

6 Likes

2 Likes

Absolutely aggravating! I have taken everything out of my cart. This ridiculous and borderline harassment needs to go. I can’t enjoy a pleasant browsing experience with these pop ups taking over my screen. I feel etsy is actually loosing sales this way. Loose the pop ups please!!!!

4 Likes
ESiART
Inspiration Seeker

The popups to remind me to purchase are beyond annoying. Shop, Close popup, Shop, Close popup, Shop, Close popup, Shop, Close popup,... Sometimes I just quit looking for the item I want. Etsy, please give shoppers an option to avoid pop ups. Thanks.

5 Likes

This annoying “add to cart” popup is bullying and harassment by Etsy. Is there no way to contact Etsy and tell them they are driving our customers off Etsy!? I have stopped shopping or even looking for items to buy since this monstrous popup showed up. It shows up everywhere we go whether we are browsing, searching, or buying an item. Even deleting your last favorite does not work. Making favorites private does not work. Dumping cookies, signing out, and rebooting does not work.! It just goes to the next item in favorites! They are like a cloud of obnoxious mosquitos. We will stop shopping on Etsy as long as this outrageous box hangs around. I cannot imagine what all our shop customers are going through on their end. This is not marketing. Repeat! This is bullying and customer harassement by Etsy marketing. 

2 Likes

Same with me!!  And the darned thing isn't in my cart, or a favourite either!  Just posted here about this too.

1 Like

"...All pop ups are annoying and cheap anyway...and out of principle I won't buy something that's being forced on me....period..."

Ditto

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.