All my Category Descriptions have been changed.

For some reason, all my Category descriptions for my listings have been changed. Most of my listings are of digital photographic downloads of landscape and wildlife scenes.

My original descriptions related to these items but now they have all been changed to what i have pasted below (none of which mention Digital Photograph Downloads)

I am sure my digital download of a City Bus in South America would make a great Baby Gift!!

• Home & Living
  • Home Decor
  • Wall Decor
  • Wall Hangings
  • Gifts
  • Gifts Under $30
  • Gifts for Her
  • Gifts for Girlfriend
  • Gifts for Kids
  • Baby Gifts
  • Anniversary Gifts
  • Gifts for Him
  • Gifts for Brother
  • Last Minute Gifts
  • Birthday Gifts
  • Gifts for Couples
  • Gifts for Boyfriend
  • Housewarming Gifts
  • Gifts for Sister
  • Gifts for Girls
  • Gifts for Dad
  • Personalised Gifts
  • Gifts for Boys
  • Gifts for Teachers
  • Gifts for Husband
  • Gifts for Mum
  • Gifts for Wife
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Gifts for Friends

Some are relevant, but why change what i had spent time on. 

Why would Etsy change my descriptions?

When I go in to "re edit" them with more relevant descriptions, i am then asked to "Publish" again, if i just come back out of the listing, my changes are not saved. Thus costing another listing fee I would guess, not to mention spending even more wasted time on this.

Maybe another money making ploy by Etsy?

Has anybody else had same issues.

Luckily for me this is just a sideline to my photography interest and am seriously thinking of starting my own website as i intend to move on to just selling prints (already got some posted on my etsy site) as there seems to be endless issues at the moment with Etsy.

Its all becoming too time consuming correcting issues instead of getting on with creating more listings, is it me, or does anybody else feel like Etsy is on  self destruct mode at the moment?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: All my Category Descriptions have been changed.

no it does not cost a listing fee to edit an active listing.

Etsy have added these "categories" as a " will also be seen in".

It's still listed in the main category you chose, etsy are saying they will also display it for these categories/tags/searches.

0 Likes

This is Etsy's shiny new plan to "assist" Sellers!! Because, obviously, Sellers cannot describe and list their own product accurately.

It reminds me of the analogy of "casting a wide net" when fishing. I may want to catch a Barramundi Fish, but if I get a Trout and nothing else, I may be happy. Because I am tired and hungry and a Trout is better than nothing.

4 Likes
luckiepenny
Inspiration Seeker

I just noticed some listings of necklaces switched to earrings and vice versa on the public search function for my shop. Now I have someone who purchased a necklace claim she is due the matching $50 earrings for free because the listing appeared under the drop down search for earrings. I am furious.

1 Like
luckiepenny
Inspiration Seeker

I am furious because customers blame us for Etsy’s errors. My listing categories are being shifted on the search menu and customers think they have bought an item different than I am offering DESPITE my accurate description (that they do not read or CHOOSE to ignore.)

2 Likes

I just realized Etsy changed all my photo memory charms that are attached to a Bridal Bouquet or Groom's lapel to "Pendants necklaces!" Removed from the Wedding category for Pins and Brooches! I was wondering why my Best Sellers stopped selling! They did not even have the courtesy to notify me that they made these changes to my listings that I pay for! 

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Etsy used to display my quilt categories as "Bags & Purses", but when I checked it today, all my categories are all correct.  So maybe these category changes are just a temporary thing Etsy is doing?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.