Adding a new listing since the update is really slow going

It's been taking a really long time to add a new listing since the update came out.  All the sections are about the same except for the description box.  After typing a sentence, the letters come out so slowly that it takes at least a minute for the sentence to appear.  It's akin to watching that old baseball ad about the dial-up speed where it takes forever for a baseball to travel from the pitcher's hand to the batter.  Was wondering if others are having the same issue.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Adding a new listing since the update is really slow going

Is this on the app or on a browser?  If on a browser then try a different one and check your own internet speed/connection. 

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Try resetting your modem.

0 Likes

@JJewellerySuppliesUK:  I use a desktop computer.  This is only happening in the description box of a listing so cannot be something to do with my Internet speed.  Everywhere else in the listing and online works the same as before.  Different browsers take up a lot of memory, and that really would slow it down.  All my bookmarks are in Firefox too, and I refer to them consistently throughout the day.

@NanaLetha:  I tried resetting my modem twice, but it didn't work.  Also deleted my cache, closed my browser, and restarted.  I shut down my computer completely daily and delete my cache regularly too so know that they're not the issue either.

Many threads were created back in February about lagging throughout the site, but this issue is specific to the description box in a listing.  It started when Etsy updated the listing section so must be something to do with that.  Is anyone else experiencing lag when they add something to the description box?

2 Likes

I find that everything lags in Firefox so I never use that browser.  

0 Likes

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  Since I last posted, I've been switching to the old version to add listings.  Have also tried converting back to the new system to test the difference.  Have had no issues adding listings in the old version or in the new version in every section except the description box.  Any letters added in the description box in the new version come out at a snail's pace, so if anyone else is having this issue, I recommend switching to the old version to add your listings while it is still available.

2 Likes

It is horribly slow and the typing lags soooo far behind, just like you said.

1 Like

Same happens to me, its really frustrating! Only happens in the description section. 

0 Likes
SodaCitySewing
Inspiration Seeker

This happens to me too!  Switching to the old version is a little faster but not much.  Anyone figure out a solution?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.