Active listings disappearing.

Jump to solution
Hi there,

A couple of hours ago, the active listing numbers on the stats and on my shop said I had 117 active listing. No listing has been sold out today nor has any listing expired (the sooner to expire is sometime on March), and I haven't deactived any listings today either. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's rather odd. Since I list many things almost of the same kind, I'm not sure exactly which listing disappeared, if that's the case.

Thank you,
Lizzy
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Active listings disappearing.

Jump to solution
Hi all,

There is a known issue where the Dashboard shows the wrong number of active listings. Your shop home and Listings manager should be correct. Have a look and tell us what you see. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
38 Replies

Jump to solution
Did you check your expired listings? Deactivated listings? How many listings disappeared?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I mentioned there was no listing expired or deactivated or sold out, or even deleted (I don't think I've ever deleted a listing). I already checked on all that before posting here.
1 Like
OfficeOfBS
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

All of my listings have vanished into thin air … help?

0 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
My number is off, too (between Shop Manager and shop item count) and it's not a deactivated or sold item either.

This happened a few days ago, then it was OK for a few days, now it's one off again. I'm trying not to let it bother me too much.

Best wishes,
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Liz,

Looks like this one did expire, #259612834. See if that explains it.

BigDogLady, I just refreshed that data. See how it looks. If it's still off, lets get exact numbers and screenshots.

Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Matt,

Precisely, when that one expired, the count for the active listings was at 117. The day after this listing expired, in the morning, when I checked, the count was 117. Few hours later, the count went down to 116. I checked for any new expired listing, but there was none. I did not deactivate or delete any listing nor was any listing sold out. The sooner to expire is on March 5th...

0 Likes

Jump to solution
... so I have no idea which listing disappeared. As I mentioned before, most my listings are very similar, so it's not that easy for me to figure out which one is not there anymore.

Thank you for checking!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
This has happened to me several times over the past couple of years. I first noticed it almost 2 years ago when I was doing inventory. At that time, I found that 6 items that I had once listed, were no longer there. Since I copy or renew each item as it expires, there should have been no missing listings. But they were completely gone....not in active, not in inactive, not expired, not deleted....just gone. About 6 months later when I again did inventory, I found 24 missing listings!!! Since then, every 6 months when I do inventory, I find several missing listings. No idea what happens, where they go, or why they disappeared, they are just gone and don't come back. I am past over due for another inventory count and I dread finding how many are now missing. I have about 750 listings, so taking inventory and verifying that all listings are there that should be there, is a very time consuming process. And then to find that listings have disappeared and need to be recreated from scratch is so disheartening.
10 Likes

Jump to solution
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I'm trying to keep my shop at 500, easy number to remember. The next day it was down a few, and I hadn't sold, deactivated or had any expire. I thought it was me, but today I went online to look for a Trifari necklace and it's not anywhere in my shop anymore. With 500 jewelry items, I can't really keep on top of what's there or not there. I add new almost every day. But it does happen regularly I'll go to my shop and my listing is gone.
4 Likes

Jump to solution

I just joined yesterday and I added three items and the first one has completely disappeared on its own. Obviously it hasn’t expired since I just joined yesterday. Is there no one we can reach at etsy because this would seem really bad for their business. Has anybody heard back from Etsy?

2 Likes
CoolCritters
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This is happening to me as we speak and it is SO FRUSTRATING!

2 Likes
SupplyByDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have discovered that this is happening to my inventory as well and it's really alarming!  I currently have about 8 items that are just gone and they are nothing I would have ever deleted or deactivated.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi all,

There is a known issue where the Dashboard shows the wrong number of active listings. Your shop home and Listings manager should be correct. Have a look and tell us what you see. Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Matt...these listings have completely disappeared. Several sellers in one of my groups have just been discussing this today. Many of us have found items that we'd listed were no longer in our shops. I had a listing of a teapot and cups that disappeared from my shop and was nowhere to be found. Wasn't sold...I still have it. Things appear to be dis"appearing" in to a black hole.
5 Likes

Jump to solution
The numbers is not the issue that I have been having. I am finding complete listings just gone.......I created them, listed them, relisted them.....and then one day the listings themselves have disappeared. The item is still in my active inventory, but the listing that I created and paid for, has completely disappeared.
6 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm having a similiar problem,  Just listed an item via Iphone, published and charged the .20.  However, it is not showing up on my shop home page.  On Shop Manager it shows in the Listing section, flip back to shop page and still not showing up.  Advise?? Fix???

1 Like

Jump to solution

I’m sorry.  This solution doesn’t work for me.  All of the draft listings that did last month are gone.  They are not in my shop home or my listings manager.  However, it still kept all of my really old expired listings.  I’m close to quitting.  That was a ton of work gone in a glitch.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
We aren't necessarily talking about numbers...my items just disappeared. I wasn't checking numbers, but realized I still had these items sitting on my shelf, but they were no longer listed in my shop. So something is happening to them, but what?
2 Likes
MoonieGarcia
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same here. My listings just completely disappear and I don't know until a customer asks me about it. So I've had to recreate ( and pay for) a whole new listing.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MoonieGarcia 

This is a very old thread.  Your shop is open and active.  I searched and found your listings for the ones I searched for.   In fact they are coming up in the first slot.

If you see the item in your shop it is available.

I see 108 listings and you have 108 items between the 3 pages.

It's possible the buyer is using an outdated app or you may be experiencing the problem of some keywords not working in search.  However that does not mean that your items are not available.  It just means that a different search may be in order.  

You would need to test your listings to see if this is the case.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
I suspect this has happened to me also but will not really know until I go through my inventory. I took a screenshot of my listing manager today and will continue to do so.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

I recently took my shope out of vacation mode. Today, when going in to inactivate several Active listings that sold at an event (and not on Etsy), they are nowhere to be found in my shop. If they expired while on vacation mode, they would be in my Expired listings, but they aren't. They are no where. According to my spreadsheet, they were "active" when I placed my shop in vacation mode about a month ago. This is really disappointing Etsy, seeing as all shops have to pay you for each active listing. You have a known issue with items disappearing, based on the thread. Let's get that fixed!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@HopewellCopper This thread is over a year and a half old, addresses an issue that was resolved, and is on a completely different issue than yours. Try putting your shop back in vacation mode for a minute or two and then taking it off. That often solves the problem you describe.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Something is definately wrong. I just added an item to my shop via iphone, which is what I normally do.  Says it published and charged the .20 fee, yet it is not showing up on my shop page.  Oddly  it shows on the Listings page on Shop Manager, but not if you are browsing my shop. Anyone having this issue??  Etsy help???

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.