Account temporarily restricted

Jump to solution

Etsy has put a temporary restriction on my account so I can't message customers back. I sent a discount code to customers who favourited my items. Ive read the seller terms and conditions so now aware this is classed as spam.

It's been more than 24 hours since the restriction and the email said all I have to do is contact Etsy support and tell them I agree with the no spamming policy. I've rang twice, emailed and messaged the chat support but I must wait for the right team to take it away now. Customers have messaged but I'm unable to respond and they will think I'm ignoring them. If they have to wait more than 24 hours for my response then my star seller status for next month will be ruined too, plus risk having bad reviews. 

I'm concerned this isn't going to be lifted anytime soon.. has this happened to anyone else, im looking for a glimmer of hope?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Account temporarily restricted

Jump to solution

Etsy has set up a system for sending discount codes and you need to use that because only Etsy knows who has opted in to receive them.  In the meantime, if you are talking about buyers who have placed an order, you should be able to find their email somewhere on the invoice and contact them from your own email and explain the problem.  If they are not buyers, then you just have to wait until Etsy restores your privileges and forgo the star seller for answering emails.  It really does nothing for sales anyways.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
12 Replies

Jump to solution

I think you will have to wait for Etsy to reinstate your messaging privileges.

You can sign up for Etsy to send a discount code to buyers who favourite your items, abandon items in their carts or thank you coupons.  Go to Shop Manager - Marketing - Sales and Discounts - Click in the boxes of the one(s) you want sent and select the discount. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sending the discount was spam.  You are not allowed to do so.

It can take up to 10 business days or longer for Etsy to allow you to resume messaging. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy has set up a system for sending discount codes and you need to use that because only Etsy knows who has opted in to receive them.  In the meantime, if you are talking about buyers who have placed an order, you should be able to find their email somewhere on the invoice and contact them from your own email and explain the problem.  If they are not buyers, then you just have to wait until Etsy restores your privileges and forgo the star seller for answering emails.  It really does nothing for sales anyways.

2 Likes
ArtPaintingMug
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Уоur ассоunt hаs bееn tеmроrаrilу rеstriсtеd fоr sаIеs аnd рurсhаsеs!

Уоur itеm hаs bееn раid fоr, ln оrdеr fоr уоu tо rесеivе funds fоr thе itеm sоId, wе nееd tо vеrifу thаt уоu аrе indееd thе оwnеr оf уоur ассоunt, рIеаsе lеt us knоw уоur еmаiI sо wе саn sеnd уоu а Iink tо vеrifу уоur ассоunt.
Rеgаrds, ЕТSУ ТЕАМ.

They send that message,then what can I do?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This is spam and you should mark it as spam.  And start your own threads when you have a problem so you can get an answer to your problem and not an answer to the person who started the thread.

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ArtPaintingMug 

This is a scam. Don’t respond or provide any personal or financial information. Send it to spam.

Make it part of your daily routine to visit the forums. You can learn so much about ongoing concerns, problems, glitches, and scams. Stay informed!

For the full discussion about recent scams, see here: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/How-to-Spot-a-Scam-No-a-Buyer-Doesn-t-Need-Your-Ema...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SpoiltBabyUK: "I'm concerned this isn't going to be lifted anytime soon" There does not appear to be a published time for how long messaging is muted and based on posts in this forum it can vary. Again based on other posts, Etsy does not seem to view support requests based on user violations as a priority.

0 Likes
ArtPaintingMug
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Then can all of you tell me why I don't have any sales? I posted 40mugs but no one buy them, how can I make profit?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ArtPaintingMug: The niche you are in is very competitive and you will have to do quite a bit of work to drive your own traffic and sales initially so that the algorithm learns that people want your items. Etsy is not a "set it and forget it" platform.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You sell to the EU/UK

you need a 30 day return policy, a GDPR policy and your address and e-mail address in sellers details, I would not buy from a shop that does not sell legally,

You have not read up on seo for etsy

your shop needs a whole lot of work, you can't just set up a blank shop with no policies and not follow etsy's seo guidelines, and expect to sell

1 Like

Jump to solution

some how this post duplicated

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You can send a coupon to people who favorite your items through a program Etsy has set up, but you can't email them directly or choose particular people to receive it. They are on Etsy's email list, not yours. Although I sent out about 5,000 coupons to people who favorited my items and didn't get a single sale from Etsy's program. I did, however get some sales from the Thank you coupon for people who already bought something from me and the one for people who left things in their cart.

If you got your message priveledges suspended, it is usually about 2 weeks before they will restore  your priveleges. It is a punishment and they won't remove it until your time period is up. You will have to use email to contact customers in the meantime, but only if it is to clarify something about their order. No more promotions. If you continue, they will ban your whole store and not let you have another one.

People have to subscribe to your email list saying they want to hear from you, before you can send emails trying to get business. That is the law. And it is taken seriously everywhere on the Internet, not just at Etsy.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.