Account suspended to verify tax info

Jump to solution

So Etsy sent an email to verify my tax information for the change in rules of sales in 2021. I filled it out properly and thought that was that. I was informed through a friend trying to make a purchase that my shop was on vacation mode. Turns out Etsy suspended my account until they verify my information, which they have done to lots of shops without notice. it's now been two days and no response from Etsy. Anyone else having this issue? Terrible timing right before the holidays

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Account suspended to verify tax info

Jump to solution

@ElleMurrayDesigns Etsy does verify but only what the IRS has.  You are a sole propieter so try your name and not the LLC.  It doesn't matter to the IRS.

Fill out the sole proprietor with the EIN number.  I have an EIN under my name.

It is taking time for it to take.  I spent 10 minutes trying to get my new address accepted. 

View solution in original post

2 Likes
EternoStudiosUS
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'VE FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

Hi everyone! I've been having the same problem with Etsy not being able to verify my taxpayer ID. My shop has been frozen for a month now and today is the day I finally found a solution!! After countless emails back and forth with Etsy reps not being able to verify my SSN, I decided to apply for an EIN. The key is to enter your information as BUSINESS NAME FIRST NAME LAST NAME then your EIN. This worked for me and now my shop is back active!! I'm so happy and thought I'd share with the community on how to fix this issue. Hope this helps, happy selling everyone!

View solution in original post

8 Likes
53 Replies

Jump to solution

Yes, same thing with my shop, all my listings have been deactivated for 2 days now.  I've sent emails to Etsy, had someone on their Chat feature try to help but said she needed to forward this issue to supervisor.  Hope they can correct soon.  This is a bad time of year for this issue!

2 Likes
Jakesmp
Post Crafter

Jump to solution

Chat feature????

I see no chat feature here on Etsy!!

3 Likes
LuxeVibeStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

How long did it take for you to get this solved. Going through this now? Been 3 days and still suspended and frozen! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LuxeVibeStudio   This is what I had to do to fix my problem:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling&fbclid=IwAR3XJULkao3ZPR8XcOEf2A7143n87Xt...

Enter your number for Etsy call back, they called me in 10 seconds and fixed my listings.  They were in a "frozen" state after entering my Tax ID info.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I couldn't even find a number or chat to get a hold of anyone...i responded to the emails they sent but nothing. Hopefully this gets resolved soon...glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for the response,  going to see if I can find a way to chat with them. Good luck!

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Did you fill it out with an EIN? Is the EIN new? I did the same thing but didn't want to put my SSN so I registered for an EIN. I think I input it to soon after registering for it. This is what I found on the IRS site. 

Q. When can I use my Internet EIN to make tax payments or file returns?
A. This EIN is your permanent number and can be used immediately for most of your business needs, including:

Opening a bank account
Applying for business licenses
Filing a tax return by mail
However, it will take up to two weeks before your EIN becomes part of the IRS's permanent records. You must wait until this occurs before you can:

File an electronic return
Make an electronic payment
Pass an IRS Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) matching program

7 Likes
LuxeVibeStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Is there a website that I can go to to check if my EIN is active? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I kind of did something similar, so i think it makes sense. I have an llc, but did not when i originally started my Etsy shop. I entered my EIN and filing # instead of ss. I think since it is new info to Etsy, they have to verify. Problem is that Etsy should have notified owners of verify time that they would not be able to sell. Also taking quite some time to get a response from email because of the volume of issues. Just really a pain in the butt considering we are all trying to make holiday sales! Hopefully it moves along quick

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@ElleMurrayDesigns Etsy does verify but only what the IRS has.  You are a sole propieter so try your name and not the LLC.  It doesn't matter to the IRS.

Fill out the sole proprietor with the EIN number.  I have an EIN under my name.

It is taking time for it to take.  I spent 10 minutes trying to get my new address accepted. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Definitely agree! I think that Etsy should have told us but it needed to be fixed within a certain time frame or our accounts would get Frozen. Instead they just froze our accounts because we did what they wanted us to do or at least we thought so. I find it ironic that in the email it says to avoid any disruptions. Doing so caused a disruption! 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

My listings have been deactivated since Wednesday when I first entered my correct EIN which Etsy couldn't match with IRS, so I changed it to my SS#, the banner popped up and said all was accepted, but still listings are deactivated...

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I did this too

0 Likes

Jump to solution

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling&fbclid=IwAR3XJULkao3ZPR8XcOEf2A7143n87Xt...

Enter you number for Etsy call back, they called me in 10 seconds and fixed my listings.  They were in a "frozen" state after entering my Tax ID info.

16 Likes
ShepherdsCross
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

What is the phone number?

0 Likes
EdenZephyrTeas
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This page TOTALLY worked! We got a call almost immediately, he had all of my verification stuff, and said he would have our store fixed. It was hard to be mad at him it went so well. 

1 Like
PeacePax
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

You are a Saint 

1 Like
ToonsStationInc
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for this hint ... my store was deactivated this morning for lack of tax info ... i flustered around and was able to solve the problem with a call ... would never have had that success so quick if not for this forum and input ... shout out for thinking of others ... best regards/toon

2 Likes
LUAJewelryandCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for this info! I've been freaking out all day hoping i wouldn't have to repost all 84 of my listings:(

1 Like

Jump to solution

WORKED!!

I was missing my middle initial in the Tax Info - Etsy gal called me back immediately and that was her first suggestion! 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

it doesn’t work 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! This still works.

After you enter your number and hit submit you'll get a kind of Uh Oh this page doesn't exist, or something went wrong or something (can't remember what sorry).

But you will still get a callback almost immediately so keep your phone in reach.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Wow ok maybe I'll start over and try again.ñ with what i originally entered when opening my shop. I've never seen a button to have Etsy call...where do I find that? Thanks so much for the replies

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ElleMurrayDesigns 

I'm very sorry you and others are going through this.  

I've never tried to get a call back (yet). But when you are in your Shop Manager (Left Column), under Community > select Contact.

There will be menus to go through.  Choose which best applies to you.  Keep going until you come to "I still need help."

From what I've heard others say, it will give you the option for email, chat and call back (although it is my understanding that the last two options are not always available).

I really hope this helps you.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

ElleMurrayDesigns, there is link in my previous post that will take you to the page to enter your phone number for a call back from Etsy.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.