RRFT
Inspiration Seeker

Account Suspension - Received no e-mail

My very new, 2nd account/shopfront was suspended and my listing was removed. The order that was previously processing, was cancelled, and although I have received multiple “Welcome to The Site” and other random e-mails from Etsy, I never received an e-mail telling why my account has been suspended. In attempting to use the “help center” feature, there is a required field asking ME, why Etsy, suspended my listing… Calling the customer service # provided by the SEC is only a voicemail that refers me back to “help center” and then hangs up.

Is this some kind of sick joke? Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Account Suspension - Received no e-mail

Same thing happened to me. I asked for reinstatement and it was granted. No explanation before or after. Perhaps the office cat just wanders over their keyboards, cutting people off at random.

13 Likes

this is the most sensible explanation i've heard yet. 

12 Likes

Are you referring to the shop you're posting from, For I Clearly see " The Slapper" that's available in different colors?

Heather

1 Like
RRFT
Inspiration Seeker

No. This is a separate account, separating our nsfw products from our jewelry, keepsakes, fashion etc. 

*edited original post to clarify*

0 Likes

If it's nsfw stuff then I'd imagine the algorithm is set to look out for certain words/themes and flag them for checking, suspending the account as a precaution while doing so. So long as you're not breaching any rules I expect they'll reinstate. Annoying, though.

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

This place is teeming with dirty panties, stained with menstrual blood, urine "skid marks" and words I am not even allowed to say here, so, no they are not flagging NSFW listings.

6 Likes

from what i’ve read here in the forums, sometimes they do send an email, sometimes it ends up in your spam folder, and sometimes you don’t receive an email at all.

here is the link to appeal:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015672628-How-to-Appeal-a-Suspended-Account

1 Like
Jewels2at
Community Maker

@RRFT  while your shop is not my cup of tea...

If you are going to have hiney slappers...You really need one that says biotch...but spell it right.

Now if someone wants to biotch slap someone...they don't have to use their hand!

4 Likes

And here's me wondering whether I should upload a design with the f-word on xD

1 Like
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

"Stay gold, Ponyboy."

1 Like

Etsy terms of use require you to disclose all your shops in your about profile.  If you didn't do that, that might not be the main reason but it won't help.   Without a lot more information about what you listed, then no one here can help you and maybe even not then.  You need to contact etsy about the problem.  It may be as simple as inputting a wrong number or letter somewhere in your registration or financial information.  Good luck finding out.

2 Likes
RRFT
Inspiration Seeker

What I listed was a resin pendant. I guess I’m more frustrated with not receiving any information as to why..

0 Likes

@RRFT 

There are quite a few reasons a resin pendant might be removed.

Was it a copy of a famous brand item?  (ie Gucci, Dior, Chanel)

Was it a copy of a famous movie item (Batman batarang), a cartoon character (ie Mickey Mouse), singer / artist (Taylor Swift), sports team logo (NFL / NHL / NBA)?  All of these have IP issues.

Was it a self defense item?  (ie knife, shiruken, edc item)

Did you use the words "amber" or "ivory" to describe the colour? (these trigger bots)

Was it drug paraphernalia? (ie grinder, dab stick, roach clip)

2 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

So you don't know if you were temporarily or permanently suspended? I would go to Help Center at the top page of the forums here and type in How To Unsuspend Your Account.  Or you can go to the bottom of that page and contact chat support. It worked for me just now so try it again on a desktop computer. 

1 Like
RRFT
Inspiration Seeker

Ty for ur reply. A ticket has been created and I’m waiting for something to be resolved. I was given no reasoning and not sure if temporary or permanent. 

0 Likes

New second shops often get suspended; probably something you did was similar enough to this shop that it triggered a closer look. You will just have to wait a week or more for your ticket to be dealt with. 

If you haven't yet filed a ticket, make sure you do so. If you can't access that account at all, you could use the Shop Manager from this one to do so. 

3 Likes
RRFT
Inspiration Seeker

Ty for you reply. I have submitted a ticket and waiting.

This shopfront is nsfw, our other is completely different & docile. It’s products are pendants, jewelry, and keepsakes. I know our first listing was something that has never been seen before. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.