ART & COLLECTIBLES category disappeared from menu

I was wondering if it's only me but in the homepage of Etsy, the ART & COLLECTIBLES category disappeared: how are buyers supposed to find this category? I searched in all sub-menus and the only one is "HOME DECOR"---> WALL HANGINGS but it's not the category where I put my giclée prints.

Since many buyers don't search through the search bar but through categories, how are we supposed to get found?

Anyone else having the same issue? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
14 Replies

Re: ART & COLLECTIBLES category disappeared from menu

3 Likes

I seem to still have it when I go into the menu. I wonder if it's some kind of test or a glitch.

0 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

If you mean the list of categories above the search bar on your shop page i see:

so it is certainly there for me.

1 Like

@Marmalady, it looks like you are seeing Art & Collectibles where I'm seeing Craft Supplies (craft supplies being missing for you).

Seems to be another test of Etsy manipulating what buyers see, as if controlling what they "think" buyers really want in search results isn't enough.

0 Likes

@Marmalady  I thought everybody had the Vintage category but you don't.

on my menu : no halloween shop, no art & collectibles (since last week) but a vintage category (since always)

0 Likes

1 Like

I have been seeing it both ways for the last couple of weeks.  Also concerning to me as a painter.  Selling original art on etsy is hard enough as it is....

2 Likes

Exactly! I see Paintings are now under "Craft and supplies" but me, as a buyer, I would never go under Craft &Supplies if I'm looking for a painting or an original print...this is so upsetting

0 Likes

I'm seeing the same list as you are.  Extremely disappointing.

0 Likes

They've always changed the categories top bar. Some categories are more popular then others at different times so etsy prioritises.

It also changes depending on the language you have set.

0 Likes

I run a test yesterday, I opened an incognito navigation bar, logged out from Etsy and searched for PRINTS only through menu, no query in the search bar: 

1- it seems impossible to find GICLEE print and the result of this search is around 5.000 items (?!?! 5.000 prints on Etsy? impossible)

2- bottom page suggestions by Etsy, as realated search: WALT DISNEY prints, MICKEY and Minnie...aren't those trademarked? Why is Etsy suggesting search of trademarked items?

3- I'd say 90% of people looking for PAINTINGS and PRINTS would prefer to find a section dedicate to ART, as it was before, because WALL HANGINGS doesn't necessarily and immediately make me think of posters and prints 

I'm starting to move some of my listing under this category although I don't know if it's going to be a waste of time

2 Likes

As CappunccinoLace stated above, Etsy has always rotated categories in and out.  They have also stated that around 5-10% of shoppers search this way.  The vast majority of them use the search menu.  That was before mobile apps were so prolific and fewer people bought things on their phone.  The per centage may have changed since then but I doubt it has changed that much.

2 Likes

The top MENU has changed again! Now there's a drop down menu for ALL CATEGORIES and I can see Art and Colletibles now...

0 Likes

Another stupid test! Its gone for me also. Also Bring back the VINTAGE category.  WHY do they make things impossible for people to search and make a purchase! They must be losing money! I have not had a sale in over 10 days and I was a seller who had multiple daily sales! My views dropped off this month maybe this is why! 

Wow Things just keeps getting worse here.

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.