A scam?

I got this email yesterday "

[This content has been removed by Moderation. We ask that you please review Section 1, Item 2 of our Community Policies before posting in the Forums.]

I double-checked my card information, and I have it automatically charged monthly. It has been that way for years. I clicked on the link and verified my card information and the only thing I saw missing was the expiration date. I saved the addition and replied to the email address in the email billing@etsy.com

I got a reply back after hitting send that said "

[This content has been removed by Moderation. We ask that you please review Section 1, Item 2 of our Community Policies before posting in the Forums.]

Now I am wondering if it was a hacker and they got my information. 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
10 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: A scam?

Does not sound like an Etsy email because you have until Sep 15th not Sep 21st to pay your bill.

2 Likes

You have until the 15th to pay your bill, and until the 21st to pay before your account is suspended.

1 Like

Not if a seller is using automatic paying of bills.  Starting the day 2 the countdown begins.  Only those on manual have until the 15th.  Automatic is different. 

0 Likes

billing@etsy.com is an etsy email. 

the only thing I saw missing was the expiration date.

Which prevented it from being autobilled on the 1st.

0 Likes
bohemians
Community Maker

@NanaLetha  Good catch.

0 Likes
JudyStalus
Conversation Maker

Next time go to finances through the site link, never follow an email. 

7 Likes

I got the same thing in my other sop a couple of months back. It is NOT a scam. I too had been on autopay for years and my card was fine. I came here to the forum  to see there were any posts and several others had threads about the same thing. Apparently it was an Etsy glitch so I went to my finance page, changed to manual and paid my bill. Simple as that!  After I did all that  I put my account back on autopay and changed to a different credit card just for "insurance"--no problems since.

And yes, that is a legit Etsy  email address. If I were you I would pay my bill (thru the website) before your shop is suspended. Having no expiry date on your CC (what triggered that is anyone's guess)  probably caused the problem.

1 Like

How to Enroll in Autobilling for Your Shop – Etsy Help

You need to manually pay your bill.  There is a link in the article.

If your credit card is missing could be the date was no longer valid?  

0 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Never never never click on a link in an email. Even if it is a legit email. Go to the site to investigate.

3 Likes
JuanTeeJr
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same email 2x now, I am a new seller just joined 2 months ago, listed few items, every time i put a listing I billing email comes in. I searched around and found this forum. I paid both emails, if the email is legit, what do i have to do to clarify things with etsy with the payments i made?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.