I have had my account since 2007.  But today for the first time ever, I’m getting a pop up dead center In the middle of my screen that says “complete your account by turning on e-mail notifications.”  I had been getting the one in the bottom right corner that asked somewhat politely that if I wanted to sign up for email notifications for sales of my favorite items, etc.   In the beginning I could click them to get rid of that one.  Then the x stopped working.  Now this.  On top of the annoying orange dot bugging me endlessly to leave feedback.  Having this new pop up asking me to complete my 15 year old account.  It doesn’t even give me the option to decline.  I close it and it just comes back later.  I’ve gotten it 3 times in two hours.  So Etsy are just trying to make people shop elsewhere?   Because this one truly is over and above acceptable.  

Re: A brand new pop up to annoy me.

If this is strictly for emails off of your selling site. Enable it and when you get the "Buy everything we are offering" emails flooding your inbox just mark as spam. after awhile the will go away. The plus side is that you won't keep getting the notice on your seller site.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Sure I could do that, but I shouldn’t have to go to that extreme.  Etsy used to be like a bad boyfriend some days, now it’s like a stalker that won’t leave you alone.  

7 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am not going to worry about it, but I can see you might stop buying here.  It might be one too many things to deal with for you.

Well ok so it doesn't bother you.

4 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

I acknowledge it does bother others.  This one was easy to X out.  I saw it this morning.  If Etsy wasn’t my best ever selling site I might ghost over some of their other changes though.

Nothing has been a deal breaker yet.  If I decide to have one big sell-off liquidating estate sale I’ll be out of here,  For now I will continue destashing my vintage collections here.  Garden a bit, destash a bit.   My days are full and fun.

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Pop up hell is so nineties.

1 Like
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

I didn’t learn to use a computer until 2005 so I missed it.

0 Likes

After placing in my cart, I immediately save the item for later. This does away with those "buy it" pop-ups - I mean the item is vintage & I know that there is only one available.

This allows me to visit the shop in case they have other items of interest but I can do so after I've finished browsing thru the search results.

If I find tons of stuff I must have doing this allows me to look at the budget & purchase accordingly. 

But pop-ups in general are sooo annoying. Between the pop-ups for reviews, the dot + number for reviews, the emails for reviews, you'd think Etsy could at least make the actual browsing & hopefully the purchase free of them. 

3 Likes

I just got yet another new thing, after leaving a review it popped up and asked if I want to follow that seller.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.