All of a sudden, this past month, I've started getting some 4 star reviews but the comments are very positive and happy. One was talking to me today and said she was going to leave a glowing review because she was so happy, then it came in as 4 star. So I followed up with her even though I don't like to follow up in general on 4 stars. She said she hit all the stars. I'm wondering if the old issue of when people leave reviews from their phones, it's only giving us 4 stars instead of 5, and the person doesn't realize it? Is anyone else having this issue?  It's frustrating as it affects future customer confidence and our Star Seller rating.

Re: 4 -Star Reviews - maybe issue from phones again?

MosaicSmith, I was able to just mark their comment as "Not the Solution" and it's now no longer marked Solved. I don't know how it was marked that way?  Hopefully someone can address this instead of us having to contact individual buyers. That is not a solution to this ongoing problem.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

So is the 5 star system better for sellers now or was it better without it before Etsy enforced it?

0 Likes

I hate it when a company contacts me to leave a review, so I'd be a tad annoyed of they contacted me to ask me if I meant to leave the rating that I did. I know it's an effort to leave a review.

I'm glad that I made someone chuckle on this forum.

0 Likes

If you read my response to your comment carefully, you'd see I wasn't asking for a change to their review, we both know they left one.  Just simply making sure that there is nothing they were unhappy with.  

Some folks are really not 100% satisfied, but won't reach out to a seller.  They're afraid the seller will give them a hard time, or they'll be thought petty.   I think dropping a friendly and politely worded note gives them that opportunity. 

Most folks do respond one way or another.  Again.  I don't ask for them to change a review.  IF they say they will and do so, it's all good.  If they don't... c'est la vie.  I don't nag. 

0 Likes

I came to the forum to see if there was something going on with the ratings. I've received two reviews today and both have been 4 star. I also had third 4 star review the other day.  I wouldn't reach out to the customers over 4 stars, but I thought it was odd. 

1 Like
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

I got a 2 star review this week and when I reached out to the customer she was super confused as she had meant to leave 5 stars.

0 Likes

There should be a 2-step review process, where you select the stars, then confirm. I always hold my breath when I'm leaving a review because you hit the stars and it just submits, and tapping on the empty stars to make them 5 stars really isn't very intuitive. 

2 Likes

Betreff: 4 -Star Reviews - maybe issue from phones again?

I am totally confused. My customer left 5 stars for each of the three categories as well as as saying she was 100% pleased and also said she would recommend the product.  Yet the average of the 3 categories showed up as 4 stars and that is all that you see on most devices.   That glitch reduced my overall average to 4.9 but the bar diagram that shows averages for all 3 categories shows 5.0 for each of them. Yet the overall average is 4.9??? It does not change my status but it is definitely weird and frustrating.   

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.