3 WEEK LEAD TIME AND YET RECEIPT SHOWS 0-3 WEEKS CLIENTS CANCELING ORDERS EXPECTING ORDERS SOONER.

Due to a high demand of our gift sets, I had to move the fulfillment time to a full 3 weeks in our shop. Yet when the client purchases it shows 0-3 weeks and I cannot get an answer through convos with Etsy as to how get this to show a full 3 week lead time. Clients are cancelling their orders due to this snaffu. We are handmade. All orders made fresh, my soap bars are cut and wrapped for each order the cream soap portion made fresh and processed exactly per the due date out which shows in our fulfillment side per. Clients are expecting their orders much sooner due to the 0 thinking it is in stock and ready to ship right away impossible for one person to do when you have a back log of 500 orders. I did not have this problem during the year 3-4 days out on the receipt. But with such high demand I had to make the lead/processing time much longer. Is anyone else having issues with this. It's causing cancellations, upset clients etc, through no fault of ours because they need all before Christmas

I have maintained a star seller status for months but this glitch is very much affecting us and upsetting our clients which is the last thing we want. Have been on Etsy since for 15 years and never encountered such an issue. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
26 Replies

Re: 3 WEEK LEAD TIME AND YET RECEIPT SHOWS 0-3 WEEKS CLIENTS CANCELING ORDERS EXPECTING ORDERS SOONE

I'm not sure what is going on - in your listings, I see "Order placed Dec 13th (today) - Order ships Jan 5th - Jan 7-14th Delivered"

I wonder what it shows in your shipping profile when you select the processing time?

* Adding an item to cart, I still see Est. delivery of Jan 7-14th, even if I select express shipping.

** In shipping profiles, I see the processing time option to do Custom, then Weeks, and entering 3 in both boxes.  Do you have that?

1 Like

Re: 3 WEEK LEAD TIME AND YET RECEIPT SHOWS 0-3 WEEKS CLIENTS CANCELING ORDERS EXPECTING ORDERS SOONE

that is what I did 3 weeks to 3 weeks and it shows 0-3 weeks on the client's purchase receipt. Frustrating.

0 Likes

go into your shipping profiles and amend your info, you have the option to amend 

1. production time 

2. postage lead time ( you may need to choose ( other here , so that you can increase postage times if applicable )

0 Likes

I will readjust the times once we get over the holiday season and back to my normal 3-4 day lead time in January. Thanks so much for the info. 

0 Likes

The 0-X estimate on emails has been a bug for a few months now.

4 Likes

I contacted etsy through the convo system and was told they would look into it and then nothing. In the meantime, I am scrambling to answer clients in convos and explain to them which takes away from the production time to get all made and out in time. 

0 Likes

In shipping profiles there is an option to select a custom processing time from 'x' to 'y'. 

For custom orders, I edit to select '2' to '3' weeks. Etsy calculates the shipping date as the last date in the processing time.

It sounds like you want yours to say '3' to '3' weeks.

1 Like

I did the 3 weeks  to 3 weeks, but when the client receives their receipt of which I have a copy of each purchase it show 0-3 weeks and this is where they contact me and get upset and cancel their orders. 

0 Likes

Maybe there's a glitch in the system where you can't have the same variable, in your case 3 - 3? Have you tried using days instead of weeks? Maybe try 15 - 16 business days. Sorry to hear that Etsy didn't help you on this, sadly I'm not surprised though as it seems to be the norm from reading the forums : (

2 Likes
Spellbinderie
Conversation Maker

@ColorfulCastAndCrew 

10 business days is the max

0 Likes

@Spellbinderie -  I didn't realize that, thanks for the clarification.

0 Likes

You could add the personalization option as mandatory...and say something along the lines of "my current processing time is 3 weeks.  Please type "yes" that you understand."  Yada Yada.

3 Likes
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

@deVreeseskincare You could change it to 3-4 weeks. Maybe that would override the glitch.

0 Likes

I have tried multiple settings and on the receipts to the client it still shows 0 to whatever else I have set. 

1 Like
nineteen27
Community Maker

if i were you...

i would go into vacation mode until december 26th.

and just work on getting these orders out as quickly as possible and not have to spend time dealing with any new customers thinking they will receive their orders in time for christmas and not have to cancel new orders until etsy fixes the times on their notifications.

i do see you have 2 other family members helping... so thats a good thing!

5 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

I wish Etsy would just stay out of our shops.
I'm having problems with Etsy's estimated delivery times, too.

Look at these two listings.  Look at the estimated arrival times.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1266513447/sterling-silver-link-bracelet-with

https://www.etsy.com/listing/712258247/large-sterling-silver-and-faux-turquoise

I can't understand this.  The only difference between them is that one has a shipping upgrade option, and one doesn't.

1 Like
JustMeToo
Community Maker

@OneEyeCatStudio   I have listings that state delivery in three days - that etsy wrote.  I hope the buyer lives next door!  I am in Canada, and most of my sales are Canada and the United States.  When I started on etsy, I thought I was just paying for a place to sell my things from MY business.  I didn't realize etsy would try to take over my business and do it so badly!

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Indeed.

And while I'm complaining about Etsy's "helping" us with our shops ....

On the notices Etsy sends my buyers telling them that their purchase has been shipped it says this:

Cancellations: accepted
Request a cancellation: before item has shipped.

Seriously.

2 Likes
Spellbinderie
Conversation Maker

I have the same problem for the 0 - 3 week issue (or 0 - 4 week, etc). 
I set my processing time SPECIFICALLY to X amount of days or weeks to avoid Etsy estimating a TOO EARLY DELIVERY TIME.

Because if you set your processing time to 2 - 3 weeks, for example, Etsy will show an estimated delivery time starting at the 2 week timeframe which can upset buyers as well if you know you're 99% sure to ship in 3 weeks.

If you set the processing time for 3 - 3 weeks, the estimated delivery is set from 3 weeks BUT Etsy shows the buyer a 0 - 3 week production time for some reason which causes false expectations as well even if the delivery estimate itself is correct.

Makes no sense.
But.... here we are.

I've been lucky to not have too much of a problem with buyers.. yet...  (this is for my other shop that is very busy right now)

So far buyers have been patient.  I do contact buyers after the sale to remind them of the ship by date but not all see their messages.  Fingers crossed I won't have an irate buyer now that we're approaching C day.

3 Likes
DianeMabrey
Conversation Maker

yeah I have that too on my confirmation emails. But I don't know if that is what the buyer sees. Just checked my last etsy purchase and the email shows the estimated delivery time but I didn't see the processing time. So it may be that people just aren't paying attention to your turnaround times.

2 Likes
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

Maybe you should disable those items so buyers can't purchase them.

0 Likes
JudyStalus
Conversation Maker

Etsy has been doing that to me in my knit shop for a year or so. I set the ship by date as 1-2 weeks and Etsy show it as 0-14 days...I think because I occasionally ship things the same day if I happen to have one on hand.  

1 Like

Yes, I have the same. It changed to this in September. Very annoying. I've been 2-3 weeks for years. I do not want confirmation emails to state 0-3 weeks as I never ship in one week for made to order. It's setting our customers up for disappointment. 

2 Likes

If you are creating a label, you will see 0 to xx days.  That's because if you are creating a label you are intending to ship within the time of creating the label.

The buyer still expects delivery based on the processing time frame in the order.    It still is that way in the emails.  I have checked my emails as a buyer and it gives the information as it appears in the listing.  It does not give me anything else.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.