dippylulu
Inspiration Seeker

Does anyone have any ideas?

About how to get this team more active? Should we trawl and find more VT sellers? Have a monthly meet here online? Create some resource threads?

I'd love to see it moving more. :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies
dippylulu
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Does anyone have any ideas?

OK, the lack of response tells me a lot. C'mon VT. There are over 60 of us here. It would be great to get this moving!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

How about a new listing thread, treasury thread, get to know you thread??
0 Likes
dippylulu
Inspiration Seeker

I can see treasury and listing threads have been attempted before. Get to know you thread is a good idea too. A resource thread may be a good idea for when we get in that tight spot and need something quick like a ton of bubble mailers or something. We may know where to get them quick locally or band together to help someone out of a tight spot. If the team is kinda dead with 60+ members it's going to be a struggle! ;)
0 Likes

Dippy, I love your work!

I just started a get to know each other thread.

Where else do you sell your work?
0 Likes

What about sharing a weekly tips.

gam
0 Likes
dippylulu
Inspiration Seeker

All great ideas. Please start threads with your ideas so the team can get active!

Hi ellen -- thank you! I sell a lot of wholesale to B&M and online stores around the country and in the UK. I've never ventured to sell at shows as I'm not sure I'm up to it, and never really been active in looking for local venues. I have a job that I love so this is just the side dish. :)

Do you sell elsewhere?
0 Likes
dippylulu
Inspiration Seeker

An effective team will only work if there are active participants. While listing your latest is all well and good it doesn't make a team, and does anyone even click on those links anyway? Look around to see how other teams function to see if this VT team ever has a chance of a long life. A promo team (which is what this essentially has turned in to) is doomed. Ah well, someone convo me if it ever takes off into something good!
0 Likes

I am the captain of a fledgeling team and I will say it has been very hard to keep people engaged. I have a few leaders and we all take time everyday to post and get people engaged, but it can be difficult and disheartening when people don't participate. But, hang in there this group will take off when there is more people joining.

Remember as sellers, we're often bogged down with our shops, lives, social media/marketing, and of course real life so teams sometimes get put on the back burner unless we have a question, problem, or need to promote something.

How about setting up some topics to discuss based off the Merchandising Desk monthly blog posts? Or more specific Vermont themed threads, how to get on Made in Vermont? Is the weather effecting your creativity? etc.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I often use the newly listed threads to make specific treasuries for that team but its difficult here when not many people even post their new items.
I keep checking in though.
0 Likes
dippylulu
Inspiration Seeker

Bumping. It's been four years. Anyone out there? :)
0 Likes

I think that teams in general have declined. I spend almost no time on teams anymore. The one team I am active in is specific to hat-makers.

We trade advice, admire each other's work, have contests, etc.

I don't know how to make the Vermont group more active, though. Hmm...

I love living here, but sometimes I wish I lived in a more urban area with a lot more people to interact with, more shops, more local buyers.
0 Likes

I wonder if posting in the forums that you are looking for other Vermonters will help? Someone there prompted me to try to find vermont teams.. just a thought..
0 Likes

I had lost track of my teams, and etsy in general, just coming around here again.

Hi Gang!
0 Likes

0 Likes
dippylulu
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Jimm. Thanks for contributing to this thread by dropping some promo spam. I love spam! :/
0 Likes
CeciLeibovitz
Inspiration Seeker

I love the idea of finding and inviting more Vermont sellers!
0 Likes
CeciLeibovitz
Inspiration Seeker

I haven't checked in on teams for a long time as I've been assessing and restructuring my Etsy shop. I was excited to find a team focused on VT sellers and do hope it picks up steam. I'll try to be more active as well as invite some Vermont sellers I know.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.