best tags/titles for pottery

Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out if anyone has had any good luck with tags for their ceramics and pottery. Thought this would be a good thread to start just for potters looking for great tags and titles that are relevant and get a lot of views. What do people generally type in to search for ceramics/pottery? If you have any good tags let us know.

-Casi
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: best tags/titles for pottery

Ya'll are a quite team.

I think the best tag that comes up the most in my traffic source is 'Ceramics and Pottery".

I've been using this in my titles and tags but its also the category I post all of my products in. Not sure if its a waste to have it in so many places, but Ceramics and Pottery is a popular keyword for me.
1 Like

Mug is my most seen tag after the ceramics and pottery. Also pottery aprons, but that is a different category altogether. Sure would like to know what other people think if they care to reveal their wisdom!
2 Likes

Yes, Ceramic Mug is another top traffic source for me. I have found people search more for Mugs than Cups. Just a tip.

I also get a lot of traffic from Ceramic Heart Bowl and Heart Bowl. Of course this would only relate if you sold such ceramics, which I do. My heart bowls are pretty popular.
1 Like

Because I have animals on all my pots, I get the most traffic from dog mug, cat mug, rabbit mug, animal mug, etc. I also get some from variations on 'mug' like "big coffee mug", etc.

Sometimes colors -- I think those are mostly from people looking for items for their treasuries.

Doesn't hurt to have a few "odd" specialty things -- I get a fair amount of traffic from searches for "zombie cat" or "sugar skull whatever" because I actually make those - LOL.

I was surprised how many hits I get from my name. I add it to my tags as two words frequently. Doing that used to be important to help people find you, but not sure how much it matters now since "search" is more expanded than it used to be.
2 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The tags are relevant for search engine optimization -- both Etsy and Google search in particular. To really learn which are the best tags to use there is really valuable info in the threads of this team

http://www.etsy.com/teams/10713/etsy-relevancy-seo-and-stats

and also in the threads of the http://www.etsy.com/teams/12360/friendly-seo

Etsy has a Seller Tool http://www.etsy.com/teams/10860/seller-opportunity-tools that also may be helpful.
0 Likes

Ceramic, Pottery, Clay. I then list the item name, and then the color.
0 Likes

I always list color too. Lots of people search by color for treasuries.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.