Former_Member
Not applicable

What makes you favourite a shop?

Hi guys!

I'm beginning to rework my Etsy store and I'm doing some research about customers and their habits.

What makes you want to favourite an Etsy store?

Is it purely the items they have in store, is it their appealing photos and descriptions? Do they offer sales and discounts?

Thank you,
Ashleigh.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies
AliciasFindings
Inspiration Seeker

Re: What makes you favourite a shop?

For me its would I buy their items. Specially now that what you fave is what etsy thinks you would buy and like.

I do sometimes fave if they are an etsy friend or if they have items I might buy.

To me its a bonus if they offer a sale or discount.
0 Likes

I fave if I would buy it or want to get it as a gift, or if I really admire the craftsmanship. The photos definitely make a difference. Not really any other factors for me.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I don't know why, but I fave shops that do similar to what I do. What I sell I mean. I will favorite new shops, too, because I appreciate it when someone faves my shop or any of my items.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I favorite shops for one of two reasons:
1. I like the products and I would like to keep them in mind for gifts/presents to myself.
2. They have products which spark my imagination and give me inspiration for my own work.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Honestly sometimes it is promotion...they have liked my shop and i looked through their's and liked what I would buy from theirs.

In other shops I look through and save things that I really like 'as in pinterest likes'

In other shops it gives me inspiration for my work........or I simply faved the shop to buy from them
0 Likes

I fav shops that I appreciate the creativity and the work inspires me. Other than that, just to help the shop owner out if I've looked at their shop and think what they have is appealing.
0 Likes

Hi Ashleigh,

I normally favorite things as form of a wishlist, or a reminder to return to the shop later. It has more to do with the item itself, I normally don’t consider discounts or sales when favoriting.

I am a sucker for appealing photographs and cohesive packaging, and will spend more time looking around a shop with these components.

Best,
Erica
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Normally I favourite a shop when I like the items. Not necessarily that I would buy them, most of them i do not need them, but they are nice and cool.

But since I opened my own shop here, just a few weeks ago, I take part in the promotion games and i also fav things that i don't like, but just because they need a support.
0 Likes

Their items, good photography of their items and consistent theme in their work.
0 Likes
HedgerowHome
Inspiration Seeker

Hiya

I only favourite shops if I like their style, and like most of what they are selling, and/or if they sell items similar to mine.

I think it helps Etsy build a profile of your personal taste, which may also reflect what you are selling. I've noticed that potential buyers sometimes find my store, via items/shops that I have liked.

I also favourite to bookmark stores, as there are so many great stores on here.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Photos do make a big difference for me. I know if I favorite an item, I'll be seeing it and similar items whenever I log into Etsy. I want to make sure I like something that is visually appealing, which in turn makes me happy. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I favourite shops, or their listings, either when I see something that inspires me personally to create art, or something I might consider buying in the future as a present for someone.

Hope that helped! xx
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.